• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's trade of the Week! BEST of Both Worlds..

Diesel

• Premium Member

If we get the #1 overall.... This is the trade:

Atlanta trades #1 overall/Al Harrington to Utah

for

#4 overall/Kirlenko...

This trade is perfect for us.

With #4, I'd make plans to get either Deron Williams, Chris Paul, or Taft.

Then I'd get Dally in FAcy...

D. Williams/Childress/AK/Smoove/Dally...

This team is everything that BK talks about:

Defensive, Athletic, Versatile, and Young.

Utah does it because they want Bogut.

Can you imagine the blocks that AK, Dally, and Smoove would get? Can't you see the lock down defense of Williams/Childress punishing backcourts in the league....

Thoughts?

• Admin

First off, I will use my veto power in any trades involving the #1 overall, IF we get it.

But the problem I see with this lineup is scoring. Where do we get offense? First off, AK is the only one out there who can truely be counted on to score. We can't expect a rookie PG to come in and carry teh load and chillz/smoove can't be expected to do that yet either. Dalembert isn't worth discussing as he is the most offensively inept in the starting 5.

we would have to put out so much energy just to hold teams down, in order to have a chance to win, that it would have a negative effect on the offense as well. We would have to hold teams to 85ppg, which is unrealistic, in order to have a chance to win.

personally, I don't want that kind of team. Not only do I think it would not translate into wins in todays game. But it's just boring basketball.

Hell NO!!!

You better get much much more than that trading your No. 1 pick and Al Harrington. With this trade you basically are giving away your No. 1 for a No. 4 pick and Kirlenko came back down to earth during the latter part of the season. His value dropped when he came back from injury.

So basically you are just giving Al Harrington away.

The Hawks would get screwed big time with this trade. When you trade the No. 1 pick you better get a LOT from it.

Thank god you are not a GM!!

And what is this obsession with you guys with giving your best player away. Haven't you guys learned we need to stop giving our best player away for nothing. Seeing the success that our former Hawks are having all around the league and in the playoffs. It is time for some of you guys to wake up and stop always giving talented players away in your proposed trades. You build around your best talent!!! Some of you guys will never learn.

It is proven that if we had surrounded our traded talent away we probably would be doing better right now. Look at JT, Nazr, Walker, Jackson. Right now Al is the best that we have and you guys are giving him away. Stop with that non-sense!!!

We will trade him away and he will be an impact player on another team and we will be left again scratching our heads like we are with JT.

For once, you've come up with a very insteresting trade. It's very tempting. The only reason I'd decline is because I just don't think you trade the #1 overall pick, period. Especially when rebuilding. But talent wise, AK+Deron Williams is probably a better fit for our core than Bogut+Al. AK is one of the 3 best defenders in the league, and great on offense too. But he can't carry a franchise. Utah always overachieves because of Sloan's system. We don't have that. Bogut has the potential to carry a franchise, even though you never truly know what you're getting until you see a player play in the NBA.

Al just doesn't fit long term. If you could trade him for a pick and get someone like Jack though, I would take Jack/Bogut over Deron/AK. My ideal scenario is to come out of this with

PG:Jack

SG:?

SF:Childress

PF:Smith

C:Bogut

as the core of our future.

I think the worst would be no trade and getting Marvin Williams leaving us with

PG:?

SG: Childress

SF: Smith/Williams

PF: Al

C:?

with damn near no one playing their true position. Not that I'm concerned with winning next year, but our core needs to develop together, playing at the position that they'll play in the future.

All that being said, I don't think Utah would trade AK, they love him much more than they want Bogut in my opinion

Utah was a fluke in the first 1/4 of the season. AK is good but you better get even more after EARNING the No. 1 pick. And on top of that you give your best player away. I am no longer into giving our best player away. It seems to backfire everytime throughout the history of the Hawks.

I am keeping my best player(s) and bringing in talent around them.

all of the 'best players' that we traded away are role players...jax/terry/nazr are not franchise players and u can find a similiar talent every year in facy

we haven't had a 'best player' worth holding onto since nique...hopefully smoove will become that

al is a tweener who will want 10mil/year or will walk

No they weren't a fluke for the 1st quarter of the season. They basically had all the same players from last year + Boozer and Okur, and last year they had a winning record. They run a great system, have a great coach, and so long as they have unselfish and dedicated players, they do fine. They just couldn't handle losing their best player for most of the year. AK is underrated. He's a pretty awesome player.

But again, I want someone who at least has the POTENTIAL to carry a franchise on his back. I think that's what Bogut is.

• Premium Member

I think it all depends on OKUR?

If Utah felt that they could trade Okur, they would do this trade in a heartbeat. Having AK doesn't solve their problems. They spent money on Boozer and Okur this summer. It hasn't worked out. They had a better team with AK/Harpring... But AK is not really a PF either.

If Utah is willing to ignore their SG/PGs and focus on Bogut and if they believe that Okur can be traded for a SG/PG... I think they do this deal.

• Premium Member

This is the weakest one...

Tired of giving up our best player.

Let me let you in on a secret.. Harrington is not our best player right now. Right now, J-Chillz is. Harrington has been in the league longer, but if we keep Harrington, we will have to be willing to pay him 10 million or more and he will equate to a bench player in our future. Like it or not, financially and logistically, Harrington will be traded anyway.

I think getting AK is significant. Maybe you don't know... He's the best player from Europe.

He's the best defensive Sf in the game.

He leads the league in Blocks per game and even though he missed exactly 1/2 of the season he was still in the top 15 in blocks.

He can score.

And believe it or not, I don't think his stats and ability has anything to do with the system... He got one of those International Jr. MVPs that everybody gets too.

• Premium Member

Chillz you have to expect that this team would score.

What was the scoring average with AL out?

I mean with Just:

Lue/Chillz/Smoove/Googs/Drobs...

I think we averaged over 100 points per?

If we add AK and a PG like D. Williams and a C like Dally, you can't believe that the average would go down??

As Chill and Smoove become 20 ppgers then our offense will begin to match our defense.

• Admin

I won't say I expect it to go down. But I certainly would see that happening before I saw them scoring MORE. Chemistry is just as important to scoring (and defense) as teh personel you put on the court. It's impossible to speculate how those changes would effect everyone. For instance:

Drobs is a good passer, Dalembert may as well have oven mitts for hands.

Googs is a good passer who also can hit the mid-range shot consistantly, which opens things up for both Josh's.

You just can't look at what we did with one lineup and their stats and project how that lineup would respond with even one change, much less 2-3 changes. Remember when we got Shareef and Bigdog?

• Premium Member

And in this lineup we have 5 good defensive players.

Now.. when it comes to chemistry, the PG makes all the difference in the world. In this case, we're not talking about NO BB IQ JT... We're talking about Williams.

Lastly, when you look at chemistry in either situation, I would rather lean towards Chemistry with a defensive touch than anything else...

BTW.. We also put up good offensive numbers with Al in the game.. AND as we know, he is a BLACK HOLE.

Wrong again. JChill is not better than Al Harrington right now. Will he become better??? Maybe, but right now Chill is not better than Harrington. Is Chillz a potentially very good player? Yes, but you can not say Chillz is better than Harrington right now because that is not true!!

You can convince yourself different all you want, but Harrington right now is the best player the Hawks have.

I didn't say they were franchise players, I said they were our best players. No one said anything about franchise players. We haven't had a franchise player in a long long time.

What I am saying is you keep your best talent until you acquire through FA or the draft a franchise player. If they are your best talent and they are role players then so be it, you don't get rid of them.

All I am saying is keep your best talent and put in better pieces around them and they will flourish. We have seen this time and time again and we are really seeing it more now.

• Premium Member

Right now, Harrington scores better than J-Chill and let me remind you that they play difference positions... BUT..

J-Chill is a better ball handler.

A Better defender.

here's Chillz's Splits for the season:

SPLIT G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG PPG

In November 13 5 21.7 .432 .250 .778 1.8 2.1 3.8 1.6 1.2 .54 7.3

In December 14 1 19.1 .423 .000 .800 1.8 1.9 3.6 .9 .4 .36 5.4

In January 15 0 25.4 .409 .200 .733 2.3 3.5 5.9 1.6 .6 .67 6.3

In February 12 12 36.1 .521 .444 .880 3.1 5.0 8.1 2.3 1.2 .08 12.5

In March 15 15 38.0 .503 .273 .889 2.2 5.3 7.5 2.1 1.1 .67 14.3

In April 11 11 40.2 .474 .200 .807 3.8 3.7 7.5 3.1 1.2 .18 16.0

and here's Josh Smith's....

SPLIT G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG PPG

In November 11 0 12.1 .447 .000 .600 .8 1.4 2.2 .8 .4 .73 4.2

In December 14 10 25.4 .505 .000 .660 2.6 3.5 6.1 1.8 .7 2.14 9.6

In January 15 15 29.4 .515 .000 .722 2.6 4.0 6.6 1.9 1.2 2.00 8.8

In February 7 7 29.1 .343 .000 .692 1.6 3.9 5.4 2.4 .7 3.00 9.1

In March 16 16 31.2 .455 .333 .647 1.8 4.8 6.6 1.4 .8 1.94 10.3

In April 11 11 37.9 .432 .214 .754 2.0 7.5 9.5 2.3 .9 2.18 15.8

Notice that by the end of the season, Josh Childress was up to 16.0 ppg, 3.1 apg, and 7.3 rpg.

Notice that Josh Smith was up to 15.8 ppg, 9.5 rpg, and 2.3 apg... with 2.18 bpg.

What exactly does Al do that makes him Better than these two? They both are pretty much out rebounding him now... and the scoring ability is there and they both play better defense and Chillz pass better.