• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's trade of the Week! BEST of Both Worlds..

Diesel

You are making a lot of blanket generalizations. I am very pleased at what BK has done with this team. Getting rid of Reef, Theo, Big Dog....in other words over priced veterans to free up cap room was genius to me. This was very good work.

However, getting rid of relatively cheap good talent (your best talent) before or right in their prime should not take place, unless you replace them with better talent. In my mind Reef, Theo and Big Dog were not just overpaid they were all past their prime also. This made those moves no brainers.

As for the players I think we should have kept, I will start with Steve Smith, Dominique, JT, Stephan Jackson, Nazr, Johnson. All of these guys were good and relatively cheap.

As for Al Harrington. I would trade him (everyone is tradeable), but I would have to get good value for him. Most of these trades and post on this forum, basically have him going for free and that is where I totally disagree. It makes more sense to keep your best talent than just throw him away. That would be a big mistake and then again you would have given your best talent away......again. You have to start somewhere.

If Chillz is better than Harrington RIGHT NOW, I ask you. Why does the offense run through Al Harrington when he is on the floor? Let me answer this for you Diesel. Chillz is not ready to create his own shots right now. Josh Smith is not ready to create his own shots right now. Right now they get most of their points off of cuts, movement and putbacks. In other words, even though Harrington forces a lot of shots, he is still better at getting his shots off and scoring in one on one situations. Chillz and Josh are not as skilled in this part of their game. They haven't figured out how to create their own shots yet. They will but right now they don't know how to.

The reason both of their averages are up in April is because of more playing time and Al and Walker, not being in the lineup. Don't read too much into those elevated numbers. There was no one else to shoot the ball.

The point is Chillz and Smith have not perfected the skill of creating their own shots right now. In fact Chillz really plays a natural 3s game. He is not a true SG. Most of their points were in the paint and off of direct passes to the hoop and offensive rebounding and putbacks.

Again, let me clarify Harrington forces too many shots, but he is more skilled at getting his shots off under more pressure.

Again Harrington is the Hawks best player right now!!

You are still missing the point. Chillz and Smooth are not ready to take the load of being the main scorer right now. Chillz is not as strong physically and can't create his own shots as Al and Smooth can't dribble.

To say Chillz is better is flatout false. When Chillz gains about 20 pounds of muscle and use that muscle on the court and when he can dribble around, pull up and shoot the mid-range jumper with consistency then you can start comparing the two.

But again you are fooling yourself if you think Chillz is better than Al right now.

What's wrong with the trade from Utah's perspective?"

because they are giving up one of the better young

players in the NBA and a top pick for the first

pick in what seems to be a weak draft. and a black

hole PF that is due for a contract.

I don't know that much about the draft because I

don't watch college ball... But it just don't look

like all that impressive of a draft from the bits

and pieces I have read. AK-47 to me is worth more

than Al Harrington a couple of draft spots.

Yeah I agree with everything hotlanta has said in this thread. While I'd trade Al before I trade Chill, Al is easily our best player.

And AK is indeed one of the great young players in the league. He would have been DPOY if he didn't get injured, and he's got a great offense too. The only thing going against him is his haircut really. Plys if you consider the sloan system, AK is perfect for it and Al is horrible for it.

I don't disagree with that statement one bit. Even though Al is our best player, that is still not saying a whole lot. I agree with that statement.

I think people on this forum have a misconception of how talented this team is. This team is not very talented from an NBA stand point.

As far as I am concerned their are only 3 players on this roster worth keeping and that is why I say we can't afford to give away one of these 3 (Smith, Chillz and Al) and definately don't want to GIVE away the best of the 3. Should we trade him? Maybe and only if we get better talent for him or multiple talent to fill this roster. If not then the answer is simply NO. Most of these guys proposals are just giving him away, which is stupid.

Right now this team needs at least 6 to 7 more talented bodies ranging from PG all the way to Center. And to top it off all 3 of our best players are playing out of their natural position. We need a lot of bodies. Luckily we have Cap space and a high draft spot to fill some of our needs, but we have a long way to go.