• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Reality Time

tmac13

Dalembert will not be a Hawk..Philly fired O'Brien to make sure they had cleared the way to resign Daly..Philly is NOT letting him go..Chandler will not be a Hawk..There is no way in hell Chicago lets him go..Our choices of big men will be Curry(anyone else think Chicago is screwing with him a little?..Hard to believe he's had 6 weeks of testing and still no answer?), Kwame, and Swift..If the Bucks draft Bogut we might be able to add Gadzuric to that list...

A question?? What happens to the ego of Smoove if we draft Marvin?..They are almost exactly the same size and play the same position, except Marvin is a much better shooter and ballhandler..Anyone else notice at all four remaining teams in the playoffs have a great pointguard/interior pressence tandem?

I've been saying for a while now that the big man most likely to be signed will be Stromile Swift.

Anyway, the Hawks can't look at this draft pick thinking that whoever they pick will put them into the playoffs next season, and Billy won't look at it that way. He sees this as a long term process and not an instant gratification situation that I think some of our fans appear to want. The player that best fits the long term future of where Billy wants this franchise to be is what has to be determined. Billy Knight, Chris Grant, and the coaching staff will evaluate these guys and determine which player fits the best in the long term and not just fills a need now. In the end, they may decide that the most bang for the buck long term will be Deron Williams, but I've got a feeling that Billy is very high on Marvin Williams with his length, versatility, athleticism, and potential.

Thank you....Someone other than me are talking reality scenarios. I have been saying that for the longest and still some people on this forum continue to put up unrealistic Chandler/Dally to Hawks for blah blah blah.

Wake up People. We don't have that many options with big men (Kwame, Curry and Swift) are the best options and that is it. And Kwame and Swift are really not centers.

I am impressed by how you guys know for certain that we have no shot at Daly or Chandler or whomever. Nobody would want to play for a team with some good young players, a coach that is very well liked and respected around the league, in a state of the art arena, and work for an ownership team that most would kill to play for. Oh and not to mention the warm weather and big city life.

Now, if all we had to offer was the MLE and we were competing with playoff teams for say Dalembert and nobody could offer more than the MLE, I would agree that we arent likely to get him because of us being a bad team right now. HOWEVER, we can give him a lot of money, more than any other team can give him except Philly and they also have to worry about Korver, plus they already have 2 huge contracts on the books as it is. It will take an enormous off, and if Billy thinks that Dalembert is worth an enormous offer, we will make it and I dont see a chance in hell that Philly will match it.

Just for grins, what FA big wouldnt want to play with a lineup of Deron or Paul, Childress, Smooth, and Harrington? They would have to be insane. I would challenge anyone in the league for the most athletic lineup if we added a Dalembert to that group or maybe even a Swift (although I think he is too small to play C).

Billy King has said many times that we (Sixers) will match any offer for Dalembert.

Mo Cheeks is planning to make Dalembert focus of D.

Sixers can match any offer.

Dalembert has said that he wants to stay in Philly, his only problem was his development under coach O'Brien, who is now GONE.

Sixers will be over the cap anyway b/c of AI and CWebb, owner knows this, wants to field a competitive team and supports Billy King's desire to keep young players and not have high turnover of players since Larry Brown has been there.

Based on these arguments, i dont think you guys should count on Sammy joining the Hawks this summer.

Same thing,for Tyson Chandler, Bulls not letting him go.

• Premium Member

If we drafted Marvin Williams, I would want to have a draft night trade of Marvin Williams...

The Hope is that N.O. got D.Williams...

Al/MWill for Magloire/D. Williams.

Period.

And if Charlotte got D. Williams...

MWill to Charlotte for D. Williams/#13..

swift is a PF not a center.

I think getting Magloire would help the hawks, maybe that is a trade worth exploring.

a team of

Felton or D. Williams

Childress

Josh Smith

Swift

Magloire

would be a nice start for getting the hawks headed in the right direction. A shooter would be needed though

whats all the fuss about Dalembert? Let the sixers keep sucking with him. The Hawks should make chandler and curry an offer or go after Gadzuric or someone they won't have to overpay too much for and explore their options at center next year if he doesn't work out.