• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Could Marvin Williams play PF?

sick_five

Draft City thinks so. If the guy is as good as advertised, I don't think BK should pass him up regardless of position.

I'd like to see the best player drafted at #2, and a trade up in the 20's for a good PG to mold.

Atlanta would still need to sign a big man, but I think that is achievable. I'd also like to see a pure shooter brought in at SG.

Lue/Jack

???/Childress

Smoove/Childress/Williams/Harrington

Williams/Smoove/Harrington

???/Drobs

Al Harrington could be expendable, but I'm not sure if BK would pull the trigger on a deal involving him, since he considers him a building piece. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Exactly...this is kind of how I think things are going to shape out. I want the hawks to draft Williams. There are two sure fire 1st pick candidates and fortunate we are at No. 2. We should draft Williams or Bogut.

Also, pick 31 is not so bad either, being that this draft is so deep in terms of potential. There will be impact players (even superstars) drafted in the 2nd round this year.

2 and 31 are very good picks in terms of getting key players.

Yes. He's got the base skills to be a power forward in the NBA. As with most younger players, he is rough around the edges and will need a good bit of coaching to really develop his low post skills. The thing about him is that he is already a big kid, and he will fill out his frame even more as he gets older. We are looking at a guy who could very well be 6'10", 255 lbs in 2-3 years. He's got a strong lower body, and that gives you something to build upon when it comes to the low post game.

He's got some Amare Stoudemire in him athletically and size wise, but he's better as a jump shooter and ball handler than Amare.

I think Marvin can be a power forward that will extend the defense out to the 15 to 18 feet range, and this will open up slashing opportunities for small forward Josh Smith.

Marvin is 6'9 230, a good ballhandler and a much better shooter than Smoove..Smoove is 6'9 225, more athletic and a much better defensive player and shotblocker.. However Smoove is a poor ballhandler and a spotty shooter at best..Both are tremendous athletes..Why is Marvin a better pf prospect than Smoove and visa versa? It seems their games say the opposite. Is it Marvins extra 5lbs?

Amare is sick...he was when he was 19. That's a high standard for Williams. I don't think he's the same type of player. I see him as a small forward.

I think that Williams/Smoove could be our 3/4. Williams' shooting is what really suggests 3 to me, though.

Amare is a monster..Not so much because of his physical ability but because of his attitude..He is a young guy that loves playing inside and being agressive..He goes for every rebound, challenges any shot in his vicinity, and loves going strong to the hoop..His did not catch that sickness that makes seemingly every 6'9 and up kid wanna be Kevin Garnett..Amare wants to be the next Hakeem.

Marvin's strength is better than Josh's. He's got the strong base that will allow him to play in the post. Josh is a slasher who is developing his ability to shoot on the perimeter. When his scoring spiked at the end of the season, he was hitting jumpers from the perimeter.