• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do we really need a PG?

jumpshot

• Premium Member

Just like the Pistons we're lookin gto be defensive.

They don't have a big time C. Ben Wallace is a PF turned C.

You don't need to go in search of a 7 footer to be a winner as the Pistons continue to show.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Desiel - IMO, your best arguments are not that point guards are more scarce or better than similarly elite big men. Your best arguments are that the risk is too high to go with anything less than a superstar pick (David Robinson, Shaq, Duncan, etc.) and that there is no superstar big man in this draft. You can then argue that the next most important position and hardest to fill is at PG and that we will get maximum value by filling that spot in this draft. That all makes sense but the arguments about the effect of a dominant big man or the scarcity of point guards v. centers don't make any sense to me or seem to me to be arguing a different point (such as you taking the argument that point guards are more scarce and converting it into an argument that it is not as necessary to have a dominant big man).

Quote:

Desiel - IMO, your best arguments are not that point guards are more scarce or better than similarly elite big men. Your best arguments are that the risk is too high to go with anything less than a superstar pick (David Robinson, Shaq, Duncan, etc.) and that there is no superstar big man in this draft. You can then argue that the next most important position and hardest to fill is at PG and that we will get maximum value by filling that spot in this draft. That all makes sense but the arguments about the effect of a dominant big man or the scarcity of point guards v. centers don't make any sense to me or seem to me to be arguing a different point (such as you taking the argument that point guards are more scarce and converting it into an argument that it is not as necessary to have a dominant big man).

Well said.

• Premium Member

Well, I thought it was well known about my belief of the lack of a dominant big man in this draft. There are many Bogut Lovers on this board, but I don't trust Bogut to be nothing more than solid at best.

I wouldn't want Williams either because I don't see a difference between Williams and Smoove.

I think that after the workouts start, we would be best to hold on to #2 because I think D. Williams will move up and I don't want to risk losing him by going after 2 other picks... I just think that D. Williams will be the best PG in the draft since Kidd... That is not saying that he is Kidd.

• Premium Member

Look I don't take the fact that Bogut played in the MWC against weak competition lightly.

I think as a pro, you can expect 13/8 type numbers...

at his pinnacle you might see a 16/9/2.5 yrs... while his FG% will probably never get about 51%

That's solid.. But you don't spend a #2 pick in the draft for that.