• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The 2 guys I want from this draft

Admin

Are Deron Williams with the 5th pick after trading down, and Channing Frye with the 13th pick.

I am a huge Deron fan because he plays defense and is a true floor general. If its true that he has lost so much weight this quick, then there is no reason to think he wont be the top PG on many draft boards. In addition to him being a prototypical PG (in my mind) he can also shoot from anywhere on the floor, including mid range which makes him very dangerous. I would be that with him getting lean he has probably gotten quicker too and I wouldnt hesitate to take him with our top pick if we absolutely couldnt trade down.

Frye is flying up the draft board right now and for good reason. He is a super athlete and a very good shotblocker, plus he is mature and should be able to contribute right away. He has a few question marks, but nothing that cant be fixed with proper coaching. The alternative to Frye with the 13th is Johan Petro. He may be the more likely pick as I have seen places where Frye is projected to go top 10 now. Petro probably cant contribute as quickly, but he might have a brighter future.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Deron won't last past #4 because New Orleans prefers him over Paul because he's a better defensive player, and Frye already has a guarantee from Golden State at #9.

I don't think we will trade with Charlotte because they are in our own division and BK does not want to give them Marvin Williams and watch him turn into a superstar for our division rival. We will probably take whoever the Bucks don't take between Bogut and Williams and then try to trade back into the 1st round to get Jarrett Jack.

He wont concern himself with trading Williams to anybody just because they might blow up. If he is willing to do the trade its because Deron or whomever is well worth making the trade for and he believes that player will blow up as well. Us as fans might think we dont want to see Marvin every year so often, but I would seriously doubt any GM actually thinks like that.

First off, he wasnt FAT last year when he locked down the best player on the opposing team every single game of the tournament while leading the best team throughout almost the entire season last year. Second, he certainly isnt FAT now after reportedly having lost 20 lbs already. No way in the world that Felton gets picked before Deron Williams. I would even bet that Felton wont get picked within 5 slots of Williams.

What you should have said was no way BK drafts a shoot first skinny PG who cant defend and has absolutely zero mid range game.

Quote:

First off, he wasnt FAT last year when he locked down the best player on the opposing team every single game of the tournament while leading the best team throughout almost the entire season last year.

Yes he was.

He is good, but he is not all that athletic. The fact that he has lost 20 lbs should tell you that he had 20 lbs to lose. Skinny people can't lose 20 lbs that fast unless they are getting rid of muscle.

That's not to say he's not the best PG available (even though I don't think he is), but he was chubby for a pro athlete last season. If he's committed to getting in NBA shape, that's a major improvement in my eyes.

Take Deron Williams over Marvin Williams at 2??? Good thing you are not running any team in any city. You wouldn't make it pass the 1st month without being fired. There is no question about No. 1 and No. 2 and Deron is not even in that equation.

You are reaching for a player you could probably get 2 to 3 picks lower.

There is a HUGE difference between having some extra pounds to lose and being fat. I would bet you that 50+% of the players in the NBA could stand to lose 20 lbs. If he really did have the dedication to lose the weight by working his butt off like that then I am extremely impressed, although I think its highly doubtful he lost that much that quick.

• Premium Member

Emeans...

We will review the issue in a few weeks after these workouts change your vision.

I watched Deron Play. He shuts down everybody. He runs the offense. Hell, he got the old man Jordan recommendation. He's going to be a special player.

I also watched Williams. Nothing against Williams, I just think that Smoove and Williams are the same player. Smoove was better in HS and Smoove is better now. Will Williams be better than Smoove at some point? Maybe but why bet Smoove future on that bet?

yeah I agree. There are very few players who have 20 lbs to lose unless we are talking about them losing muscle. But as you said, it would be pretty much all big men. Baron Davis is the only good PG type that I would imagine MIGHT have 20 lbs that he could lose.

Anyhow, he could have a new physique by now if he was motivated, but to me it's something he absolutely has to adress at some point.

I'm not the only one that feels this way. I have mentioned my reasons for wanting these two players previously so I won't go into too much detail.

I will point out, yet again, that when Frye played Bogut earlier on this past season, though each held their own, Frye did show more. Not to mention all his stats have steadily gone up thoughout his college career. He's my wannabe Amare.

And then there is D.Will. I just feel that he'd help ATL greatly as a whole, more so than Bogut ever would.

I agree with those who have mentioned the picking of M.Williams 2nd and then seeing if Charlotte can get what we want. Sure, we may be without D.Will but there are more points (though not as well-rounded). I have become more and more interested in M.Williams so that may not be too bad of a pickup.

I would be truly estatic if we received D.Will and Frye out of this draft (maybe Salim or Head at 31). I still have this really bad feeling about Bogut.

• Premium Member

Quote:

We will see about the workouts, however as of right now picking Deron at No. 2 is a reach. Picking him at 5 is not.

Maybe to you....

But If Chris Paul is looked at as being #2 by a lot of people then Certainly, the man who shut down Paul and dominated the rest of NCAA PG/SGs while leading his team to a 27-2 record should be taken very seriously as a #2...

I think it's more realistic to look at Williams at #2 than to look at him at #5.

There is NO WAY IN HELL he will last that long.

Just give me a viable scenerio!