• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The 2 guys I want from this draft

Admin

Either Williams or Paul will be there at 5..

Mil..Bogut

ATL..M.Williams

Portland..Green..The have Telfair and they like him..They don't want or need another point.

N.O.. Paul or Deron Williams

Charlotte..Paul or Deron

We could trade down and get our point.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

For that to happen...

Green has to be picked in the top 3... Laughable.

and Paul has to be picked before Williams. I think Paul will drop to Charlotte no question... The same way that Nelson dropped to #21?

• Premium Member

Just because they don't need a Point does not mean that they won't trade down...

Green is not top 3 material.

If PTL doesn't trade up for Williams, they will trade down... But Green will not translate into TMAC and after his workouts start, everybody will see that.

This is a PG/PF draft.

someone said this earlier..i want a superstar out of this draft, not a solid player..i like Deron but i don't see him as a superstar..i can see Marvin Williams..and although you may not agree, i can see Bogut (if yao ming can go to the allstar game, so can Bogut) being a star...even Paul has more superstar potential than Deron (but i like Paul less because of defensive liability)..

also i'm really for getting another mid first round pick to try to grab a player..it's a deep draft.

Quote:

the same way that Nelson dropped to #21?

people were reluctant to praise nelson all year, just waiting for them to lose, and refusing to rank the team #1. Paul was expected to be the top overall pick before the season, through the season, until about half way through when opinions split between Paul and Bogut. As of late some have included Williams as the less talented, more potential risky option. Bogut-Williams-Paul are in the top 3-4 for sure. All it takes is for one other player to be preferred over Deron for Deron to make it to 5. If you don't think any team can possibly prefer someone else, you're nuts. Green could EASILY go to portland. They are having the same rumors they had last year with telfair, and they took him. Felton could EASILY go before Deron. Hell I would pick him before Deron. I think he'll fare better in the high speed game.

Deron is not rated that highly by many people. That's not to say he can't go as high as 4 or so, but he could easily go in the 7-10 range

why shouldn't they work him out? They have the overall top pick. Even if they are pretty set on 1 or 2 guys, why not work out a couple others? Or anyone they feel like? They have nothing to lose by working people out and want to see how players may have evolved since the end of the season. I don't know, maybe they think he could be great if he had worked his ass off and developed something that was closer to an NBA physique. I would bet every penny I have that the bucks won't take Deron, but they are doing the right thing in working him out. Besides, they can still work other players out too.

Also, Livingston is 6'7" or so. He drew comparisons to Magic. That is why he went so high. Deron has a questionable body and great experience. Two very different scenarios. Don't get me wrong, I expect Deron to go 4-5, but I don't think he has any chance at being 1-2.

• Premium Member

No, he was referring to this made up statement you made:

Quote:

As of late some have included Williams as the less talented, more potential risky option.

Who are these some?? Your neighbor Bob? The kid down the street who can't win with Illinois on his playstation? Your uncle jeff? Who are the some who said that Deron Williams is less talented?

I was talking about Marvin Williams. I was saying that Paul was the near consensus #1 early on, then Bogut kind of took over. More recently, people have been saying that even though Marvin hasn't shown much, he has the most potential. Which would make him a high-risk high-reward option. According to most, he has the most upside, yet he has shown less talent than Bogut and Paul as he is not a starter.

Generally speaking if I just say Williams I mean Marvin and if I mean Deron I say Deron. Guess I should have been clearer.

I think Bogut-Paul-Marvin will be in the top 4 for sure. Deron might join them, or someone else might take his spot. That's my opinion. And I believe it's generally understood by almost everyone that Bogut-Paul-Marvin is the big 3 in this draft.

Also watch what you say, my neighbor Bob knows his basketball.

That pick really would not bother me. I think Deron could make a huge difference for the Hawks with his defense and playmaking. I can't wait to hear his workout results.

If he's really lost a lot of weight, he could be heads ablve the other pgs in the draft.

That is the 1st publication I have read saying the Hawks might pick Deron No. 2. I think that would be a big mistake, passing on the best talent in the draft in Marvin. I agree with Marvin being the Dwight Howard of this draft. I disagree with the Hawks taking Deron over Marvin. Deron is a solid player but I wouldn't label him superstar material. Marvin is labeled superstar material. Deron just fits a need on this team and that is PG, but you have to go with the best player potentially in the draft at No. 2 and that is Marvin.

There are several reasons I like Williams, but the main reason I really like Williams are three things. There are no other 6'9" to 6'10" players in the draft and rarely in the NBA that can (1) Shoot consistently from deep with perfert form for a player of that height and (2) Handle the ball almost like a PG for a player of that height. (3) His defense is superb and he is difficult to shoot on because of his length and athleticism.

You don't get guys this tall able to do all three of those things. Smooth can't dribble, nor does he have the range and stroke that Marvin Williams have RIGHT NOW. Chillz can't create his own shots and he can't shoot from the outside.

Marvin Williams can do it all and he is going to get better. Would you want to pass on the next KG for a solid guard!! I wouldn't!!

• Premium Member

I would have to disagree with your second point. He's not a great ball handler. He fumbled the ball all over the place in the NCAAs.

However, I see your points and am glad you have some.

As far as how he translates...

I don't think he will be a bad player, I just see him and Smoove being the same player... Except Smoove is more Physical and he would be more likely to shoot the three.

We need shooters especially from the outside. If their profile says they can shoot, count them in as a candidate. Again, don't get me wrong, I won't be mad if we end up with Deron. Again I think he is a solid player, maybe not a superstar but definately solid.

Where I would question BK is I would think he was reaching a bit if he used his No. 2 pick on Deron. If we end up trading for 5 and 13 and get Deron at 5 I would be elated. However, I would rather for BK to stay where he is and pick Marvin Williams No. 2 and he will get an excellent player at No. 31 and you lose no one of quality. You only add two excellent players in the draft and you go hard at some guys in FA. Next year you have a ton of 1st round picks.