• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It would be interesting if...

Diesel

I would take it in a heartbeat, but I can't see it happening. EVEN IF Memphis really doesn't want their first rounder (which I somewhat doubt), and EVEN IF they really are tired of JWilliams, can't most teams out there offer them a deal at least as good as this one? If they don't want their 1st roudner, they probably won't even sign their 2nd rounder, or don't care too much exactly where he is, and it seems that most players have a cheap player of Diaw's caliber.

So if for some reason West is into giving those things away, why is this any better than what every other team can offer?

Is it because no one else wants williams? He makes a reasonable salary for his talent, even though he is signed for 3 more years.

I guess from our stand point, the question is are we going to try to draft the PG of our future, or are we getting Bogut or Williams. If we are getting a PG, then getting JWill might be a waste, or even a distraction. If not, I would love to get JWill.

Jason Williams

Childress

Smith

Al Harrington

Bogut

I like the sound of that.

Really, it depends who we're drafting. When does free agency officially start?

I think this is an OK deal.

Other teams are not in a position to take on J Will's contract. Otherwise another team could make a better offer. Jason Williams is the liability in the deal, but for us he serves a purpose with leadership and playmaking skills until our PG is groomed. Most likely Jason would only play a couple seasons with us, and it gives us time to plan for his replacement.

• Premium Member

I think that the problem is that Memphis wants to clear some cap room.

I don't think that they don't want a first round pick... I just think that they are more concerned with clearing cap room and knowing that J-Will is a problem child, they might use the #19 to help move him to a team that has cap room.

Now... That team could be N.O. They have cap room too... Or NJ... But I think that we would be the hungrier of the three teams with Cap room right now.

of their #1 pick and Williams to save caproom, I don't see them doing any beter than that. J Will is not perfect by any means but I like watching him play and I think he would fit in well with the group of greyhounds that BK is putting together.

The only negative is that it would probably negate our ability to sign TWO big time free agents like Joe Johnson and Dalembert or Hughes and Chandler but who says we'll get one of those guys, let alone two?

• Premium Member

BK traded for J-Wil once.. He might do it again..

It would be funny if BK just gathered all the players he had a hand in drafting/trading for.

That would be:

J-Will, Swift, and possibly Bender.

i just dont see why MEMPHIS would do this. they could do a lot better.

Williams is better than Diaw

19th pick is better than 31st pick

Williams has a fair contract.

The Bobcats can do better. they can get atleast a first rounder for Williams straight up. there are many teams in search of a POINT GUARD.

• Premium Member

Quote:

J. Williams could be released if he turns out to be a bad apple.

His contract counts vs. the cap regardless of whether he's been a good boy or not. If he's traded for, he's here to stay for three years.

• Premium Member

The best rumored offer that Memphis is getting is Sam Cassell.

Memphis wants to save it's money to resign Watson and Swift this offseason. No other team that has available cap space wants another PG as bad as us. Even if we were to say:

JWill/#19 to Atlanta.

LAL pick 2006 to Memphis.

I still consider that a win for us...

I would not trade a mid first round draft pick in 2006 for a mid first round pick in 2005 and a bad contract. If we make this deal we have to trade something like Diaw that would be useless after the trade.

I would rather see Diaw/2006 2nd round pick for J Will/#19.

• Premium Member

First off...

The Boston pick is the worse of the two between Boston and the Lakers...

The Lakers almost made the playoffs this year and Boston did. The Lakers had internal problems And IF they get Phil Jackson, they will be a much better team. Boston had internal problems, but if they keep the team that they ended the season with, they will have a good record also. I don't thnk that pick will be lower than 20...

So what we're talking is:

A pick that is greater than 20 for #19/ a PG who is still very good.

to me.. that is a no brainer...

By the time 2006 rolls around, we should kinda be out of the acquisition phase... We should be trying to find the final pieces to the puzzle..

a pick > 20 will not do that.