• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawksquawk picks a PG

Lascar78

If you could draft any PG in the draft, who would your #1 and #2 choices be?

---------

Personally I'm not impressed by Paul at all, and I think Felton has a bright future.

1.Felton

2.Deron

3.Jack

4.Paul

would be my choices. I don't know enough about Ukic to place him on the list

I kind of want to say that if Bogut goes #1 and BK isn't exactly sold on Marvin Williams than we move down to #5 and #13 and choose the leftover PG out of DW, Paul and Felton and at #13 take a big man project like Andrew Bynum. Obviously he has a lot of work to do but we could store him on the shelf for a year or two. Maybe retain Kevin Willis to work with him everyday, one on one. I'm starting to like either Ronny Turiaf or Jawad Williams with our #31. I've seen comparisons of Turiaf to Charles Oakley which is exactly the type of player we need.

Deron Williams

Josh Childress

Josh Smith

?? (Harrington) ??

Andrew Bynum

The future....

williams/felton/ukic/jack

i don't really want paul and i don't see a scenario in which we draft him

i can see us taking williams 2 or at 5 if we trade to 5/13 (if he's still around)

i can see us taking felton at 5 or if we trade al for a top 10 pick

i can see us taking ukic or jack at 13 or any mid-1st that we trade up for

i only see us taking paul if we drafted 3rd, but i don't see us trading down one with portland (what would they give us)...and even then, i see us taking deron/felton over paul

So far it seems like a pretty definitive #1 Deron, #2 Paul for the board as a whole. That's interesting, considering the national concensus is #1 Paul, #2 Deron. I'll attribute that to the bitter taste left in many's mouthes after the JT experiment.

• Premium Member

I did a little more reading on Bynum...

He's a guy that has come out of no where this past year. He uses his size to put up good numbers...

BUT..

He lacks good fundamentals especially shooting outside of 5 feet.

I would try to get either:

May, Frye, Diogu, Villanueva, Simien in no particular order here.

Quote:

I did a little more reading on Bynum...

He's a guy that has come out of no where this past year. He uses his size to put up good numbers...

BUT..

He lacks good fundamentals especially shooting outside of 5 feet.

I would try to get either:

May, Frye, Diogu, Villanueva, Simien in no particular order here.

With his size, if he can consistently stick the ball in the whole from 5 feet then I see no need for him to have an outside game. I think all those other guys are power forwards, good ones mind you, but power forwards. Bynum has size and athletic ability which means he may be Jerome James/DeSagana Diop or Shaq/Ewing.

Deron and Bynum is certaintly an interesting draft.

Diop sucks just as bad as Collier, he's just on the other end of the spectrum. Collier has no strength and some shooting skills. Diop is kind of strong and has no skills at all. He is really, really, REALLY bad.

There is nothing about Diop that is better than Ekezie

Quote:

...we move down to #5 and #13 and choose the leftover PG out of DW, Paul and Felton...

I really like this thought, though my list would be cut down to D.Will or Felton. Whoever is left over at #5 we take and then we try (if possible) to trade Diaw, #13 and #31 to Utah for their #6 & #51 to pick up Frye. We could then buy Memphis' #19 to get Petro or a project like Bynum and use Utah's #51 and our #59 to pick up a shooter like Stoudamire (crossing fingers) or Head (still crossing fingers).

I'd then buy out Collier and go for Swift. We'd start out the season like this...

D.Will / Ivey / Head

Chill / Delk / #59

Smoove / D.Smith

Harrington / Frye

Swift / Petro / Drob

I know Swift isn't really a C but he can play it a little so we would start out this way to lead into Swift splitting time with Al at PF and Frye splitting time with Petro at C.