• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We should be celebrating

codyatl

It really doesn't matter which guy we get this yr. Either Williams or Bogut will be great. They are both positions of need. I feel pretty certain that Harrington will be dealt either for another pick this yr or at the deadline for a pick next yr. I just don't see billy giving him a huge salary right now. We are still too far away form contending. Personally, I am salvating at the thought of having JSmoove, Williams, and Childress on the floor together. I keep reading that we are looking to get another 1st so we will either get a pg for the future or a big man to groom. maybe Randolph Morris? Throw in another top 5 form next yr and we will be well on our way to the top. We would have several young pieces to make trades to suit our needs. I, for one, am excited about this franchise. After all, we have nowhere to go but up!!!

I agree. I'd prefer Bogut of course, but it's a celebration regardless. The great thing is that most agree that this draft is 2 deep as far as top notch talent. We get one of them, and we don't get the chance to blow the #1 pick, which would be a disaster. This way, our pick is a no brainer, and we should get a no brainer.

I think Bogut makes us better right away, but Williams-Chill-Smoove is a great young core to have drafted in 2 years too. More exciting I suppose.

Then again, we are hawks fans, which means that the most nerve-racking moments are not in the playoffs, not in the finals... but right before the draft. Sadly, this is the peak of our season every year (for the past 5 years), so it's normal for everyone to argue.

*Cheers to our future!*

I think the draft is 2 deep in terms of individual talents, but runs 5 deep in terms of talents that will result in wins. The three extra - you guessed it, Chris Paul, Deron Williams and Raymond Felton. All have demonstrated the ability to make the players around them better and lead their teams to victory. It is no small coincidence that their respective teams performed so well. All three could do for Josh Smith what Steve Nash has done for Amare Stoudamire.