• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

News from Pre-Draft Camp

emeans

CHICAGO -- The first full day of game action went down Wednesday at the Chicago predraft camp, and the verdict was nearly unanimous -- this year's group in Chicago is among the best, and most evenly matched, in a long, long time. "There are 40 guys here who could be drafted," one scout told Insider. "The point guard talent and the bigs are really impressive. There just [aren't] really any 2s or 3s of note."

They are saying this years crop is among the best in a long time!!! This is exactly why I say don't trade Al to move up in the 1st round. Stay right where you are and you will get a 1st rounder at 31!!! Or trade Diaw/2nd round pick to move up. But don't get rid of your veteran.

Players of note:

John Gilchrist, PG, Maryland

The line: 15 points, 2 assists, 1 steal in 19 minutes

The skinny: He tried his best to play like a point guard, play under control and be supportive of his teammates. His shot was falling; he got players involved; he played defense; and his team won the game. That's all good news for a guy who got such a bad rap this season.

Will Bynum, G, Georgia Tech

The line: 12 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists in 20 minutes

The skinny: Bynum was the last guy to get into Chicago, but he really shined. Defensively, he was all over anyone he guarded, and offensively, he played under control. I'm not sure what position he should play in the pros, but he really stood out Wednesday.

Quote:

They are saying this years crop is among the best in a long time!!! This is exactly why I say don't trade Al to move up in the 1st round. Stay right where you are and you will get a 1st rounder at 31!!! Or trade Diaw/2nd round pick to move up. But don't get rid of your veteran.

No, we should try to move up by trading Al Harrington. Billy Knight needs to find away to add another first round selection with all the talent that is out their. I'd love to have a couple of bigs or points around the middle of the first round.

- Salim Stoudamire: While Stoudamire didn’t play in the game (officially because of an injury, but it’s speculated that he has pulled out), he did make quite an impression in the one-on-one and two-on-two drills. Where the average guard was attempting to take the ball to the basket in these drills, Stoudamire barely even tried. Regardless of who was guarding him or how closely they played him, he didn’t miss anything. For Stoudamire, an NBA three-pointer might as well be a layup. There really isn’t much else to say.

If we don't keep Al, we will have a team full of rookies and what FA is going to sign with a bunch of rookies. We have to use Al as soon incentive for FAs to come here. It would be a big mistake to trade him right now. No one would come here.

I like Salim for that 31st pick too. We need as many shooters as we can get.

Anthony Roberson, G, Florida

The line: 15 points, 2 assists on 6-for-12 shooting in 31 minutes

The skinny: Not sure whether he showed he's really a point guard, but he's one of the best scoring guards here. However, I think scouts already knew that.

This another sleeper I am high on at the guard position. This kid can light it up from the outside.