• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Model for the Hawks

KB21

If anyone is watching the San Antonio/Detroit game right now, you are seeing the two teams that the Hawks want to be like in the long run.

Defense. Defense. Defense.

When the Hawks get better at playing defense in every aspect of the game, the team as a whole will get better.

I am actually a little surprised at how good Rasheed is defensively..He is a monster that can guard any of the frontcourt spots..It is a little ironic that the starting center for the Spurs and the starting power forward for the Pistons were teammates for a game last year with us..

• Premium Member

I agree..

Which is part of the reason why I don't think Bogut is worth a top pick for us. He's not a defensive player and he's certainly not as Athletic as hat we have been putting out on the floor.

I would rather see us play:

PG/Chillz/Williams/Smoove/Al

than to see us get Bogut and watch him do his Drobs imitation.

Quote:

There is no reason that Bogut can't be as good as Duncan in all aspects of the game. He's better than him in virtually every area at the same age. Of course it's no sure thing, but where would the Spurs be without TD?

I don't think it is fair to compare Bogut to Duncan. Duncan is the best player in the world and it is asking an awful lot of an unproven 20 year old - whether his surname is Bogut, Brown, Howard or Okafor - to live up to those lofty expectations.

I think alot of people forget just how good Okafor was for UConn - and remember he has not played basketball for a very long time and improved exponentially in his three years at UConn.

oh yeah...

so one guy...but only a bad one...he doesn't even like my comparison to good white players like dougherty...

and kandi had the attitude problem that i discussed in the other thread...he had the tools but not the attitude (heart/desire/work ethic not cockiness/demeanor, diesel)...therefore he failed

bogut has the tools and the right attitude, so his chances of busting are much much lower

• Premium Member

Quote:

he doesn't even like my comparison to good white players like dougherty...

I doubt you ever watched Daugherty play?

Have you?

If you think he was white, probably not! shocked.gif

But Daugherty's game in college was far different than Bogut's...

Daugherty was a agile big man that knew how to get to the foul line. He was good at establishing a defensive position even though he never got that many blocks or steals.

I haven't looked and statwise they may be similar, but BOGUTs game is not like Daugherty's game...

For fun..

Did you ever watch BD play?

I was a fan of Cleveland. I was a fan of Wayne Embry.. So you better believe I have watched many games and cried when The three bombarderes didn't go to the big show!

• Premium Member

Well, the pro and the college Daugherty were a bit different.

The pro Daugherty got to the line alot. I would almost guess that he easily made at least 2/5 of his points from the line... That's unheard of I know but it seems like he'd have a 20 point night and 8-9 of his points were from made FTs.

Secondly, the pro Daugherty didn't create for himself as well as the college one did. Hence, he got to the line more often.. But Embry was smart.

He drafted Daugherty, Po Man's Jordan, and one other guy in the first round and traded for Mark Price. So he came out of the draft with Daugherty, Price, and PMJ!! As you can tell, I kinda liked the team.

The thing that really helped them was getting Nance from Phoenix... for KJ, Corbin, and ....... It was one more guy. Both teams made off well but Nance was a baller. I would love to have (87's Nance) him now.