• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sounds like BK will consider trading down?

Diesel

• Premium Member

I have read three difference articles one with Direct quotes from the Great BK that suggests to me that he would conisder trading down.

So here's Trade down's I would consider:

1. #2/Al for #4/Magloire.

2. #2/Al for #7/Bosh.

3. #2 for #3/Travis Outlaw/2006 first.

4. #2 for Pietrus/Biedrins/#9.

I don't know if I would do it for 5/13... Deron Williams would have to be there at 5 and still, I think the Bobcats would have to give a little more, say Ely!

I doubt any of the other 4 teams in those trades would consider them (I could be wrong). I reckon the Hawks best bet is to trade #2 straight up to the Bobcats for #5 & #13. If the Hawks threw in Boris Diaw, I reckon the 'cats would do it.

At #5 the Hawks could grab Deron Williams or Raymond Felton, then take a big guy like Splitter, Petro or Frye with the #13.

The Bobcats would obviously take Starvin' Marvin at #2 to play next to Okafor. If they got Diaw in the deal as well to bolster the backcourt, giving up the extra pick might not be a stretch.

For the Hawks, giving up Diaw to get the extra lottery pick is a no brainer. If they manage to get Williams and, say, Frye at #13, a starting line up of Deron Williams, Josh Smith, Josh Childress, Al Harrington and Channing Frye is pretty damn sweet.

I'd really like to get Magloire, but I've since read that he's base year contract player. Given that; it would be difficult to trade for him on draft night. Realgm states that his base year ends on 7/1/05. We may draft with the intentions of trading, but not pull the trigger on a deal until 7/1/05.

The only way the Hornets will do the Magloire trade is if Marvin Williams is there at #2. Even then, they might think twice. Magloire is one of the best young centres in the League and at #5 they can still fill their small forward needs with a player like Gerald Green or trade down for Danny Granger or Antoine Wright, plus maybe getting another pick.

please link to the direct quotes he gave...

and as far as trading down...just say NO, unless we get back a good player like magloire/bosh...

don't do it for 5/13...we just need ukic or jack with our 2nd first rounder...one of them should be available at 19...or we can trade al for a top 10 to get felton...or diaw/boston 1st to someone for a teens pick to get ukic/jack

we need bogut or marvin...

Quote:

The only way the Hornets will do the Magloire trade is if Marvin Williams is there at #2.

i disagree...i think they DON'T do it if marvin is there and DO do it if bogut is there...if they did it for marvin, they are without a center...

if they did it for bogut, they'd be replacing a solid (but not more) center that is highly paid and injury prone for a young center who will be at least solid and possibly more

I have mentioned the desire for #4/Magloire before. That is the only trade down that I like. We either need a potential star (Bogut or Marvin) or we need to fill the two most important positions on the floor.

Although Atlanta has not had a really great SF since Nique left, they should be easier to find than PG & C. And with Chilldress and J. Smith able to play there, we would be looking good.

D. Willams/ Chilldress/J. Smith/FA-PF/ Magloire is a quality young line-up. I think we can pick up a PF that can fill out that line-up pretty well. (Swift, mid-round Draft, etc)

I also wonder if NO would do it, they would be without center, but if they think Williams is the next Jordan, they may. Who was the Bulls center all those years.

• Premium Member

The fact that BK would even mention trading down as an option shows that he may be willing to trade down... Remember, BK rarely ever reveals anything so for him to reveal this says to me that he may be looking for a specific offer.

I hear what yer saying with the Bulls centre talk, but bear in mind that the Bulls had Jordan - the best player of all time - when they won. The two seasons Jordan sat out, even with Pippen in his prime, the Bulls weren't champions and no team has come across the "next Jordan" to date. Kobe isnt it. McGrady isnt it. Carter isnt it. Lebron isnt it. Marvin wont be it either. He'll be good, but he wont come close to Jordan. Most championship contenders these days need star quality forward/centres. The Spurs have Duncan, the Pistons have Wallace, the Lakers had Shaq. Even in the two years Jordan sat out, the reason the Rockets won was Olajuwon - not Drexler. Teams need high quality centres to compete.

• Premium Member

Well, to start, catch the line from AJC today..

Quote:

"Teams want the pick," Knight said while watching Thursday morning's action from his courtside seat. "
We've had conversations about trading the pick, we're interested in what they have to say.
That doesn't mean we're going to do anything. But we have to listen to what teams are talking about."

Let's get real.. BK is a very simple guy. He doesn't like to waste time. IF there's no benefit in it for him, he doesn't do it. So why is he listening to offers and having CONVERSATIONS about trading the pick if it's not something that he would be willing to do.

What this says to me is that THERE IS A PRICE that BK will accept for the trade of that pick...

Otherwise, he would say.. The pick is untouchable... In the same way that Joe Dumars did a few years ago when they had the #2 pick.

The Memphis newspaper also says that BK is interested in getting more 1st round picks...

this is how bk always speaks

he always says "we can do this, or we can do this, so we're talking to people, and we'll see what happens"

there is nothing to read into here

of COURSE he has to listen...we need A LOT of stuff...why wouldn't he listen if babcock wants to talk bosh for #2?

it does NOT mean he wants to trade down or will...just that he's doing his JOB...to listen to offers in case someone gives him something that he values more than #2

• Premium Member

But the fact that he mentions it means that he will consider something.

If you had 100 dollars in your hand and it was your last 100 dollars and you knew that under no circumstance would you ever give it up...

Would you listen to my proposals for your 100 dollars?

Why is it that he HAS to Listen to them?

I'll tell you why...

Because there may be a deal worth taking that comes along!

• Premium Member

Quote:

of COURSE he has to listen...we need A LOT of stuff...why wouldn't he listen if babcock wants to talk bosh for #2?

QED.

There is a price that will make BK trade down. We don't pretend to know what it is, but there is one...

If Babcock said:

Bosh/#16 for #2, I'd do it...

Would BK do it? I don't know... But we have to listen!!