• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wow!!! DO YOU GUYS REALIZE THAT....

LastDon

This is the best point guard draft ever Just look at the guys that are available in this draft:

COLLEGE PLAYERS

Cris Paul

Deron Williams

Raymond Felton

Jarret Jack

*Anthony Roberson*

Luther Head

Dee Brown

Nate Robinson

High Schoolers

Monta Ellis

Louis Williams

I think that Billy would be making a big mistake if we take a point guard at 2 or trade down for 5 and 13 because their will be a couple of PGs at 31 or even 59 that put in the right situation could make an impact immediately.

*****My sleeper is Anthony Roberson I have been hyping him all year and he is doing the damn thing at the Chicago Predraft camp!!!*********

P.S. I'm very excited about next season because with a good draft and just one big name FA we could be back in business big time this is a good draft to have multiple picks in the second round with all the player parity!!!!

Exactly!!!

That is why I keep telling guys on this forum that we are okay at 31. We don't need to lose any talent we already have on the roster to move up when you can get your STARTING guard at 31. Moving up to 20 is really nothing in this draft based on the depth of Guards.

We are more than fine where we are. Don't give away your best player (Al) to move up 10 spots to get a talent that may not be better than the talent you get at 31.

This is a very deep draft people!! We can get our star point guard at 31.

BK will take whoever is left between Bogut and Marvin Williams at #2 - I don't think there's any doubt over that. At #31, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Raymond Felton, Jarrett Jack and Roko-Leni Ukic are all likely to be gone. At that point you'll be choosing between Monta Ellis, John Gilchrist, Nate Robinson, Louis Williams, Will Conroy, Orien Greene, Aaron Miles, Daniel Ewing and Luther Head (looks like Dee Brown is out). That's a lot to choose from. IMO the best of those guys would be Gilchrist. If you can get Bogut and Gilchrist out of the draft, I think you'd have to be pretty happy with that.

• Premium Member

If I told you that you could have either:

Jason Kidd

Charlie Ward

Howard Eisley

Brooks Thompson

BJ Tyler

Khalid Reeves

Of course you would say you wanted Kidd right?

But the question is would you pass over Kidd early to get a player and look at taking Howard Eisley later?

Is there no difference in Kidd and Eisley?

Well, I think D. Williams will have possibly Just as much Impact as Kidd. I think some of those other guys will have just as much impact as Eisley or Ward and you got a few Brooks Thompson's in there.

The question is not quanity..

The question is quality.

Now. Lets flip the script and let me definitely hear your response.

I suspect that Julius Hodge will be available at 31.

Hodge had a great ACC career and is a good player.

Why not pass up Marvin Williams at #2 and take Hodges at #31?

Even though that draft you mentioned is a bad example (it was not considered a PG deep draft...Ward was darn near the last pick of the 1st round and Kidd was the 2nd or 3rd pick), you do make a good point.

The error that people make is in assuming that the 10 PG's in this draft will all be good.

Perhaps the best PG draft featured:

Steve Francis

Baron Davis

Andre Miller

Jason Terry

William Avery

Vonteego Cummings

John Celestand

Chris Herren

Louis Bullock

Now, if you had a chance to draft one of the top 3, but you thought you'd be just as well off getting John Celestand at the #31, you'd have been sadly mistaken. The only guy drafted outside the top 10 who was DECENT was Vonteego Cummings. What if you had a chance at Miller, but you thought you'd be better off trading down and taking Avery and getting a solid center like TMac, Eschmeyer or Foster...or Bowdler?

This year's draft (while not better) may be DEEPER, but you still see how guys who were highly regarded often fare. John Celestand was considered a solid pick by the Lakers. When the Warriors drafted Cummings, it earned them an A- for the draft (in addition to trading for Mookie). Point is, Gilchrist, Head, Brown, and Robinson will probably NOT all be good. If we're expecting the 31st pick to be a contributor, we need to draft a guy there who can do something that we know will translate (Salim Stoudamire--shooting).

• Premium Member

99 was an interesting draft and I said that Francis Davis and Miller were the only allstars to come out of that draft.

When you look at this draft, it's similar.

There will be some allstars.. Paul, Williams, and Maybe Felton.

The rest of these guys getting hype will probably amount to very little... It's the quality of the players. Moreover and more importantly.. The PG position is the hardest position to fill on the court.

People think it's the c position.. However, a team can exist and be good without a top C. However, no team will go no where with a substandard PG...

You are wrong....there is quality and quantity in this draft for the PG position.

There will be possible 1st round quality guards in this draft to be had in the 2nd round. There are several Jamal Tinsley's and even better in the 2nd round of this draft.

Again you are very wrong!!

• Premium Member

Dude... Don't argue against me...

Let's just wait and see.

I'm pretty sure though. The problem is that it's draft time. At draft time, no players have major flaws right? I mean, that's why the agents get paid big money...

But I have watched alot of the PGs play this season.

After Paul/Deron and MAYBE Felton.. There's really nothing to talk about except maybe Conroy. Maybe...

Gilchrist is a hothead who they were happy to get rid of in Maryland. They already have his replacement (much like Charlie V.) Last year, Gilchrist could have come out and been a 1st rounder. This year, all his flaws were exposed. Paul, Felton, and Jack showed why they are better.

Last year, Jack would have been a 1st rounder maybe late lottery... BUT... This year, he was exposed as a turnover machine.

It's drafttime though, we don't talk about such things.

Head is definitely not a PG...

Nate Robinson is too small for the pros.

Chris Thomas should have come out 2 yrs ago.. he may have lost his career.

Ewing... Don't make me laugh.. Coach K ruined his career.. He don't know what he is.

Fila... I like Fila. I love a defensive PG. He could be a sleeper. Still, he's no better than Royal.

Bottom line is that I wouldn't pass over a definite superstar PG to get one of these 2nd rank PGs...

Just like you wouldn't pass over Marvin Williams at 2 to get Jawad Williams at 31? Or would you?

Quote:

Bottom line is that I wouldn't pass over a definite superstar PG to get one of these 2nd rank PGs...

Just like you wouldn't pass over Marvin Williams at 2 to get Jawad Williams at 31? Or would you?

This is not about who you are going to pass up. Its about best player available. You and your point guards, to hear you tell it, Deron and Paul walked on water this year. Thing is, You are the only person who actually beleives those two are rated higher than Bogut and Williams.

Maybe you are right and they do turn out better than both Bogut and Williams. But until that happens I have to go with what every board and draft rating ( not by pick or team needs just best player) I have seen says.

You see I do not believe I am a scout. Nope, I am just a fan who pays attention to what real scouts say. Hell Diesel, I am such a big Tech fan, it just blows me away when one of our point guards does not make it big in the NBA. I kinda beleive they all walk on water too!