• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Where's my crow? Chris Paul is tall enough.

mrhonline

Billy Knight has never said a person needs to be a certain height to play for him. As a matter of fact if you listened to any of his talks online he said if a person can play ball they can play regardless of size. BTW Paul is 5'11.75 not 5'11 1/2 which makes him almost 6'0ft without shoes.

• 9 months later...
  • Premium Member

Quote:

I was looking at Tony Parker. Parker is fast and has skills but he's not as fast as Paul and doesn't possess the same skill set. That's to say, I expect Paul will be twice the PG of Parker and Bibby...

paul is not faster nor better than parker. Definitely not faster. And Parker is a MVP candidate this year. 19/6/3 on 55% shooting leading the spurs to the best record in the west as Duncan has slumped.

Paul is certainly a lot better than expected though.

Let's not forget that you wanted Deron though

• Premium Member

You've seen Duncan and Ginobilli win a championship with Parker in tow.

Take Duncan out of the equation... Spurs do nothing.

Take Parker out of the equation.... Spurs still go to the finals. And probably win.

Tony was the staring PG on an NBA championship team, I honestly would take him over Paul until Paul shows me he can do more than rack up numbers and individual accolades.

He never won a state championship, never won an ACC championship, never won an NCAA championship, and his team has a losing record in the NBA.

I think he's a damn good player and a top 10 NBA point guard, but he hasn't ever won a damn thing. PG is the position that I'll take a proven winner over an exciting talent any day of the week.

They don't win if you cut Parker last year. They are barely a playoff team if you cut Parker this year.

Yes TD has carried them in the past, but Parker contributed a lot, and was big last year. This year, Parker is carrying TD.

So again, I don't know, I might take Paul based on accomplishing so much so young, but it's close either way