• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Videos of all the College Guys except Deron.

hotboyj

http://events.startcast.com/events/23/B0022/index.asp#

After watching those highlights the two that stuck out the most to me are Antoine Wright and Hakim Warrick.

Yes I know we need a pg and a "true" center, but those two certainly look like impact players to me. Wright can shoot lights out and seems to be just as if not more athletic than Chillz.

Hakim is just a beast in the low post despite his size. He looks so much like a mini version of Amare. Sure he has no definite postion, but with Athleticism like that along with 4 yrs in one of college's best programs I don't think he will have any problems adjusting to the NBA game. He has a 7'2" wingspan and a 9' standing reach.

We would have to give up number 2 for 5 and 13, but we could do what Chicago did last year and give our next years first, along with Al to Utah, even the lakers pick if that's what it takes.

There we would have 5, 6, and 13.

Best case scenario we get Deron, Wright, and Warrick.

Deron/Lou Willimas

Wright

Chillz

Smoove/Warrick/Pops-Mensah-Bonsuh

Kwame or Swift or Daly or Chandler

is still better than

Lue/Lou Williams

Chillz

Smoove/Marvin

Al/Pops-Mensah-Bonsuh

Kwame or Swift or Daly or Chandler

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Warrick will be a bust. His only talent that I see is shot-blocking. Yeah he got nice dunks on that highlight tape, but they were wide open dunks that tell me nothing about his game. I've seen alot of Warrick and I don't think he'll be that good at all.

On the other hand I'm slowly warming up to Frye maybe being worth a top 10 pick. He's tougher and a little bit thicker than I recalled.

The Bogut and Williams videos do a good job of showing their game. You can see Williams' athleticism and talent much more so than on that last video. And Bogut's looking great as usual.

I don't want to trade down, and I doubt BK will. From a PR stand point, waiting for years to FINALLY get the #2 pick, only to trade it away and watch that player become a superstar would be an absolute nightmare. We'll be getting Marvin or Bogut, whoever Milwaukee doesn't take

• Premium Member

Quote:

he Bogut and Williams videos do a good job of showing their game. You can see Williams' athleticism and talent much more so than on that last video. And Bogut's looking great as usual.

What the Williams video shows is that he can dunk if he's on the break or if he's wide open and a good pass is made. I saw more skill in the Villanueva Video..

I would be pleased as punch if we could trade down, get Paul or Williams... And Frye or Petro..

All marvin did was finish in the paint after he was given a perfect pass from Felton, or finish a dunk on the fastbreak. Now all of you want to talk about how athletic he is and how physical he plays.

Give me a motherfukcing break man.

Meanwhile Warrick is catching the ball outside of the paint, slashing to the goal and finishing with authority. Then he has put back dunks, along with bringing the ball up the floor with a man on him and still finishing. Warrick knows how to take his man off the dribble and finish. While Marvin showed he knows how to catch and dunk.

If all we get out of Warrick is Smoove that played in the post for 4 yrs in college, in the Big East which is one of the most physical conferences in college, and averaged over 20 pts and over 8 reb, I would have to say I am satisfied with my selection.

• Moderators

Quote:

If all we get out of Warrick is Smoove that played in the post for 4 yrs in college, in the Big East which is one of the most physical conferences in college, and averaged over 20 pts and over 8 reb, I would have to say I am satisfied with my selection.

I don't think Warrick will ever approach Smoove's level. He just does not have the physical skills that JSmith does, IMO. Your description of Warrick is his ceiling, not his floor. His floor is more like John Wallace from Syracuse, IMO (not similarity so much in game but as a tweener who struggles to find a role in the NBA).

• Premium Member

Actually, Charlie V. had 2 steals...

The last one was pretty impressive.. The steal with the coast to coast and the finish by dunking on the man's head. But I said, Williams showed me as much as Charlie V. Which was dunks.

Warrick showed a lot but I wouldn't pick him...

No I'm not saying he's an athletic monster. If you paid attention, I said

Quote:

You can see Williams' athleticism and talent
much more so than on that last video.

All I was getting at was that on the last video it seemed like he couldn't even dunk, and this one was a better representation of his actual athleticism.

Because I know some people don't watch college much, saw the last video, and probably wondered why people said he was athletic at all.

These videos are just quick highlights. They don't show the intricacies of their game. If I went off this highlight, I'd think Warrick was a superstar in the making. Unfortunately I've seen plenty of Warrick and I think he'll be a bust.

As usual, you're more talented with your 8 year old - level name calling than anything else. And as usual, you detract from the main issue to argue over a small detail. My point was that this was a much better representation of Marvin than his HS video was.

• Premium Member

Well Lascar...

The best representation was to watch the damn games. Then you would have seen the whole picture.. The good plays and the bad ones...

I noticed that you failed to mention all the 6'7' Centers that Bogut was playing against in his video?

• Premium Member

That video showed Williams doing 3 things: catch, jump, dunk. That doesn't mean that's all he can do, but that's all that's in that video.

Chris Paul...I just don't even have the words man. Half court, full court, lobs, penetration, outside shot, speed, court vision, leadership...he is going to make some team MUCH better. Damn I wish he could be running the break with Chill and Smoove next year...

I've watched Taft play 4 times and in these clips, he's doing exactly what he did when I saw him play. His stock has fallen, but he's got quickness, athleticism, and nice footwork around the basket. He's got everything it takes to make it at the NBA level - except maybe maturity and work ethic, which goes a long way. Perhaps he's been dogging it so he'll fall to a better team, but I think he's going to make a good late lottery pickup from someone.

Offensively, Bogut looked MUCH quicker than he did in any of the games I've seen him in. Definitely quicker than Vlade and B.Miller who he's always compared too. Not slow at all.

• Premium Member

For sure he was posting up smaller guys and killin them. BUT, he was still going against quick guys and he was making them look like they were standing still. Quickness translates into the NBA and he doesn't seem to be lacking there. He's not lightning quick, but fast enough for a center...as fast as at least the average PF/C that I've seen in the NBA.

He should be able to get around them, but can he jump with them though and get his shot off/rebound/block? Dunno... Biggest question is not talent, but maturity and desire. If he develops that, he should be a great prospect.

Warrick is the most overrated player in the country. All he can do is dunk. Did you see him in the tournament? He had over 7 TOs in one game when the other team took away the lane from him. He tried to dribble into the paint, but his handles is too weak. A local high school player from my area plays with him in summer ball. He basically trash Warrick skills. He said that he has no handles, jumper or any other skills than dunking. Plus, he is only 6'7. Stay away from him. Just think of him as a shorter Stromile Swift.