• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ATL/POR/CHA 3-way?

jezmund

Someone on here mentioned this and I thought it was a brilliant idea if the other 2 teams would go for it.

ATL gives: #2 pick, future Lakers 1st

ATL receives: #3 pick, #13 pick

POR gives: #3 pick

POR receives: #5 pick, future Lakers 1st

CHA gives: #5 pick, #13 pick

CHA receives: #2 pick

I'd even be willing to throw in a bench player or 2nd rounder. We know Portland wants a swingman, whom they can get at #5 so they are just picking up a 1st in the process.

We would be able to grab Chris Paul (or DWill for that matter)and build depth with #13. I'm thinking a big man with some serious potential. Andrew Bynum?

I don't like it. No way we should trade down to get a PG. I hope we get Bogut or Marvin.

Now trading next year's Laker pick for another pick this year would be a good idea. (Although the value of that pick probably went down today with the return of Jackson.) I wouldn't mind Ukic.

yeti

I would do that trade. I think a good point guard can make Josh Smith and Josh Childress look like absolute studs - both have shown a willingness to take it to the hoop and a good point guard would create opportunities for them. This is similar to Nash's impact on Stoudamire.

Thats a brilliant trade. Portland's #3 pick is worthless to Charlotte because they only want to move up to be able to get Marvin. This way they only move down 2 spots, get the guy they really want and pay him a little less, plus pick up a mid-first next year in the process. Sounds pretty sweet to me. Charlotte then gets the guy that they wanted, the hometown hero and only loses a mid first which they could use, but Marvin could be a star. For us we still get our choices of PGs, which outside of getting Bogut is the only real option for us IMO, plus we can get a useful player at 13 and maybe somebody really good if BK pulls another Smooth out of his butt.

This trade would only be contingent on the Bucks taking Bogut though.

Portland wants Bogut or Marvin as well. The 5th pick does not help them accomplish this. Portand may still trade down if both Bogut and Marvin are gone, but it will probably be a straight swap betweem them and Charlotte (#3 for #5 and 13) so Bernie can at least get Paul.

Other words unless we can help both Portland (Marvin or Bogut) and Charlotte (Marvin or Paul) get their man we will not be included.

Sure they could probably use Bogut and maybe Marvin, but they dont see to be overly interested in Bogut and they can certainly use a stud SG more than Marvin because that is where they are their weakest on the team. They arent going to bench Miles after giving him that big contract, so SG is their big whole. I would almost bet that they could give up a salary/5th pick/Lakers first to Boston for Pierce or maybe like Seattle for Ray Allen or something like that. That would be what Portland would really want from this draft.

Quote:

Sure they could probably use Bogut and maybe Marvin, but they dont see to be overly interested in Bogut and they can certainly use a stud SG more than Marvin because that is where they are their weakest on the team. They arent going to bench Miles after giving him that big contract, so SG is their big whole. I would almost bet that they could give up a salary/5th pick/Lakers first to Boston for Pierce or maybe like Seattle for Ray Allen or something like that. That would be what Portland would really want from this draft.

You are exactly right concerning needs being a sg and yes they could use Bogut also.

Portland is not going to draft for need at number three which is why a trade down with Charlotte is possible. They have said for over a week they will take Paul if he is there. Maybe they are just blowing smoke to get it done with Bernie or possibly get us to take Paul at #2.

The reason for Marvin is because Portland does think he has superstar written all over him and they will not pass on him or a needed center like Bogut either.

They obviously have already invested in a pg but taking a hs player (Green) at 3 is a huge risk. Portland is in a bad spot, but I bet they take Paul over Green at 3 or work out a deal with Charlotte.

• Premium Member

The question is...

Would the #5 pick and the lesser of the Lakers or Boston pick next year be more valuable than say Paul Pierce and the ability to get rid of NVE's contract?

PTL is in need of a SG.. Wright is the only one in the lottery.

Will he be better than Pierce?

I think that there are other teams that would like to move up as well. Like the Lakers will give #10/Butler to move up.

A future first really holds little value.

Unless Hoopshype is wrong, Portland can opt out of NVE's deal after this season. So I don't think that would be an issue. Ratliff is who I think they'd love to be rid of. Pryz beat him out and Ratliff is making some serious change. Your right though, Portland would be the question.

I plugged this scenario into the trade checker & it worked out.

Atlanta Receives

#3 & #13

Charlotte Receives

Darius Miles

Portland Receives

Boris Diaw

Next Years Boston selection

Portland would get rid of Miles who they really would prefer not to have anymore anyway. They also aquire Diaw who can play the 1, 2 or 3 for them. (3 spots they need depth at) Plus they get the #5 and next years Boston pick. I also think they'd get a trade exception of the difference in Miles' & Diaw's salary, but I'm not completely sure about that part seeing as it's a 3 way deal.