Diesel's plan.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Buy #19.

Draft Marvin Williams.

Trade Williams to Charlotte for #5/#13.

Take either Williams or Felton at 5.

Take either Frye or Villanueva at 13.

Take Morris or Petro @ 19... (if we get Frye @13, we get May or Simien @19).

So that out of this draft, we get a PG, a C prospect, and a PF.

Then in FA, we go hard after Hughes or JJ.

• Premium Member

In actuallity,

We give up capspace for an extra first round pick.

When you lack talent, people do this all the time...

Like taking on a bad contract in order to get a pick.. Except in this case, there's no bad contract to take on.

Moreover, We took GP's 9 million dollar salary just to get a possible first round pick in the 2006 draft. More than likely, that pick will be between 18-25. Don't you see the relation... And that's 9 million. I guess that's 3 1st rounders.

• Premium Member

Petro is on my list... But not high on it.. because few have actually seen him play. The only guy who I can find that's high on his skillset is the guy from Draftcity. Everybody else reminds us that he got Killed playing against Biedrins.

However, he's still an athletic 7 footer. I would take him before I took Bynum..

I like Petro over Frye because he is taller, more athletic and younger. I think he is still only 19...

I like Simien because he has been measured at 6'9" in shoes and with his strength and skill in the low post, he could end up being steal at #19 and he is projected to fall to that spot.

• Premium Member

I love Simien.. I don't know why he is so low in the mocks...

I love Frye... He's not as tall.. he's not a legit 7 footer BUT, he has damn good footwork and timing on blocked shots.

I don't understand why Simien is projected so low either...he has the size to play PF, what I like about him is he has the bulk to muscle people down low and that is something the Hawks sorely lack...he is a true power forward, not some tall skinny guys thats going to get pushed around inside, but i think after these last measurements he may end up getting picked earlier than expected

Quote:

I am not with paying 3million for a pick that is slightly worth more than 1million a year. We would be paying the same salary the #1pick gets for the 19thpick.

who cares? it won't affect our cap and we have plenty of money anyway...we need talent...the #19 will have talent, hopefully even ukic or jack...we can't get the talent that will be available at 19 from FAcy for less than 3mil

and it's a 1-time 3mil thing, not 3mil/year like the first pick gets