• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Business will defintely pickup next week

Blunt91

Over at Hawks.com they have a complete listing of the player that will workout for the team next week. We already knew about Paul,Bogut,D.Williams, and M. Williams, but we will also workout out one of Hawksquawk's favorite Salim Stoudamire, Will Bynum and on June 28 Roko Leni and Gilchrist will be in town.

For those too lazy to click over...

HAWKS TO HOST PRE-DRAFT WORKOUTS

Several Top Prospects Scheduled to Come to Philips Arena

ATLANTA, GA (June 16, 2005) -- The Atlanta Hawks will entertain several of the top candidates for the 2005 NBA Draft beginning on Friday, June 17, as the team continues pre-draft preparations. The Hawks hold three picks (No’s. 2, 31 and 59) in the June 28 draft (7:30 p.m., ESPN).

The workout schedule is as follows (length of workouts is estimated):

June 17 – 10:30 a.m. – 12 noon

Jermareo Davidson (F/C, 6-11, 200, Alabama) – Team-high 7.9 rpg last season

Dwayne Jones (F/C, 6-11, 250, St. Joseph’s) – Atlantic 10 Defensive Player of the Year

Rawle Marshall (G/F, 6-7, 190, Oakland Univ.) – Two-time All-Mid-Continent First Team pick

E.J. Rowland (G, 6-2, 190, St. Mary’s College (CA)) – 13.3 ppg, 4.5 apg as a senior

June 20 – 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.

Chris Paul (G, 5-11, 175, Wake Forest)

Paul earned consensus first team All-America honors in 2005, and was the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) Rookie of the Year as a freshman in 2004. He left Wake Forest after two years, ranking seventh in school history in assists and steals. He also placed second all-time in career three-point percentage, and fifth all-time in free throw percentage. In 63 games (62 starts) at Wake, Paul led the Demon Deacons to 48 wins, including a school-record 27 victories last season. He averaged 15.3 ppg, 6.3 apg, 4.5 rpg and 2.4 spg (.451 FG%, .474 3FG%, .834 FT%) in 2004-05.

Aaron Miles (G, 6-1, 175, Kansas) – NCAA’s eighth all-time assist leader, all-time leader in Big 12

June 21 – 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.

Deron Williams (G, 6-3, 210, Illinois)

Williams was a consensus second team All-American last season, and capped off a memorable campaign by being named Most Outstanding Player of the NCAA Chicago regional. In helping lead the Illini to a 37-2 record and the NCAA championship game, Williams started every game, averaging 12.5 ppg, 6.8 apg (tops in the Big Ten, 11th nationally), 3.6 rpg and 1.0 spg (.433 FG%, .364 3FG%, .677 FT%). His 264 total assists in 2004-05 set the school record and was the third-highest total in Big Ten history. Illinois recorded an 88-16 record during Williams’ career, including 39-9 in conference.

June 22 – 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.

Marvin Williams (F, 6-9, 230, North Carolina)

Williams played in 36 games for the Tar Heels last season, and averaged 11.3 ppg, 6.6 rpg and 1.1 spg (.506 FG%, .432 3FG%, .847 FT%). Named the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) Rookie of the Year last season (and to the conference’s All-Rookie team), Williams was a key contributor to the Tar Heels’ national championship run. The Bremerton, Washington native was named to the Parade First-Team All-America squad in 2004.

June 23 – 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.

Mustafa Al-Sayyad (C, 6-9, 240, Fresno State) – Second Team All-WAC as a senior, averaged 2.4 bpg

Olu Famutimi (G/F, 6-5, 212, Arkansas) – SEC All-Freshman team in 2004

Sharrod Ford (F, 6-9, 225, Clemson) – All-ACC Third Team as a senior

David Lee (F, 6-9, 249, Florida) – Finished in top 15 career scoring at Fla., All-SEC Second Team last season

Lucas Tischer (F, 6-9, 230, Brazil) - 9.2 ppg, 6.6 rpg and 1.2 bpg for San Jose Pinhais

June 24 – 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.

Andrew Bogut (C/F, 7-0, 245, Utah)

A highly-decorated big man who earned every major national player of the year honor this past season, Bogut was a consensus first-team All-American. He started all 35 games for the Utes in 2004-05, averaging 20.4 ppg, 12.2 rpg, 2.3 apg and 1.9 bpg (.620 FG%, .692 FT%). The seven-footer ranked second nationally in rebounding, eight in field goal percentage and 19th in scoring in helping lead Utah to a 29-6 mark, and the NCAA Tournament Sweet 16. A native of Melbourne, Australia, Bogut played for his home country in the 2004 Olympics, where he averaged 14.8 ppg and 8.8 rpg.

June 24 – 2 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.

Will Bynum (G, 6-0, 185, Georgia Tech) – ACC All-Tournament team 2005, posting 20.7 ppg in tourney

Ronnie Price (G, 6-2, 190, Utah Valley St.) – NCAA Division I Independents Player of the Year last season

Filiberto Rivera (G, 6-2, 175, Texas-El Paso) – First Team All-WAC last two yrs., 7th in nation in assts

Anthony Roberson (G, 6-2, 180, Florida) – First Team All-SEC last two seasons

Salim Stoudamire (G, 6-1, 179, Arizona) – Led NCAA in three-point percentage last season (.504), 18.4 ppg

June 28 – Time TBA

John Gilchrist (G, 6-3, 194, Maryland) –Team-best 5.5 apg last season, ACC Tourney MVP in 2003-04

Roko Ukic (G, 6-5, 183, KK Split, Croatia) – Ranked in top 3 in Adriatic League in ppg (18.5 ppg), apg (4.3)

Media are welcomed to attend the sessions, which will take place on the Philips Arena practice court. The workout schedule is subject to change. In-depth coverage of all workouts will be provided on www.hawks.com.

** POTENTIAL BILLY KNIGHT MEDIA AVAILABILITY **

Based on the workout schedule on Friday, June 24, Knight may be available to media members that afternoon at a time to be determined for final pre-draft comments. More details will be provided next week regarding the availability.

• Premium Member

I'd rather have Morris or Garcia at 31.

Fact of the matter is that as much as I like Salim.. He's small and skinny to play the 1. I would rather have Garcia who's all of 6'7" and can hit the three almost as well.

OR a Center in Morris.

Garcia will be long gone. Also Salim is not a PG, he's a 6'1" SG. But he will also instantly be one of the very best shooters in the whole league. I mean the guy made more threes than he missed and EASILY has NBA range. I don't know how many close games we had where we could have used a guy down the stretch to shoot some 3s for us. We have no shooters, he's a shooter. And he showed his heart, and scoring skills (not just shooting) in the tourney, big time.

Yeah but when you think of transitioning to the NBA, what position can he play? He's not really a PG, and he's short. Stoudamire has the same issues, but he's got NBA elite shooting. I'm not sure what NBA skill Will has. He's a beast, I just don't think his game will translate to the NBA. Personally I'm surprised everybody suddenly forgot about BJ Elder. His game is more NBA-suited

• Premium Member

That's what I meant. He's much to small and skinny to play the 2 and doesn't have the ball handling passing ability of the 1. After watching D. Williams totally destroy his game, I think i'd rather go with Garcia (who D. Williams also stopped)..

in the 2nd round you want to get someone who 1st, can make the team, and 2nd can at least do ONE thing extremely well. Salim Stoudamire can shoot. Others at that time you're not 100% sure they're going to be great int he NBA in at least one thing. I think Turiaf, if available, would also be a great pick.

I'm with DocHawk, even if we only get Marvin or Bogut in the first, Salim would be a nice role player to pickup. You really cant expect to get much more outta a second rounder than what we got last year. This year might be a year where a future prospect or two or even a solid player like Jack might be available but if not you know what you get with Salim. I dont think Ukic will be available, or Garcia, or Bynum(the HS center prospect). If BK surprises us and picks up Blatche or Louis Williams or some other HSer or prospect I'd be satisfied, knowing BK did his research. Otherwise, I most hope Jack falls that far after the bad athletic stats in Chicago, if not I'd like Luther Head or Salim. Not sure about Gilchrist, might think BK is getting desperate if I see that.