• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How's this for a Rumor.....

Diesel

• Premium Member

I don't believe it..

But..

Utah is supposedly shopping Boozer for a move up so that they can get Paul.

The deals I have read about was Boozer/#6/#27 to PTL for #3/Theo. This would change a lot of stuff about this draft.

They also mentioned us and NY as having an interest in Boozer. I dismissed it because Boozer = Al right?

Quote:

I don't believe it..

But..

Utah is supposedly shopping Boozer for a move up so that they can get Paul.

The deals I have read about was Boozer/#6/#27 to PTL for #3/Theo. This would change a lot of stuff about this draft.

They also mentioned us and NY as having an interest in Boozer. I dismissed it because Boozer = Al right?

I'll take Boozer over Al any day of the week. He's not a black hole on offense, he's tougher on the boards. Plus he's a true PF, not a tweener.

That being said, Boozer makes 11.5 million next year, and has a player option for 12.6 million in 2009/2010. That's way too much for him, even though he is better than Al I think.

That being said, this is a very interesting rumor...

I just wish Milwaukee would come out and say who they're taking

• Premium Member

The Pacers Jonathan Bender is indeed on his way to Los Angeles along with the 17th pick in the draft. In return, the Lakers will send Devean George, Slava Medvedenko and a second-round pick. Expect the deal within a day or two of draft day, although it may not be triggered until June 28.

• Premium Member

this is from hoopshype and the Boston Globe:

"Prepping for a trade in Portland?

One of the interesting draft stories is the status of high schooler Gerald Green, who is going to be the first prepster chosen and could go as high as No. 3 overall.

He worked out Thursday for the Lakers, who have the 10th pick in the draft. Hmm. Couple that with Portland general manager John Nash's refusal to bring in Green for a solo workout -- Deron Williams and Chris Paul have similarly asked to go solo -- and you have to wonder whether there's a deal in the works.

The guess here is that there's a deal in the works with the Lakers. Why would Green even consent to work out for LA if something wasn't going on? And why would the Blazers (picking third) bother working out high school player Martell Webster last week, unless they were going to move down?"

Does sound like there might be a deal in place. Why else would Green work out with the Lakers? I'm sure he thinks he'll go higher than that.

• Premium Member

Deron Williams to New Orleans

Sources have indicated that the New Orleans Hornets have a promise to take star Illinois point guard Deron Williams with the 4th pick. Williams is widely considered a top 5 pick among scouts, and while it's unlikely he'll go top 3, look for him to end up 4th.

The Hornets were said to originally be high on Gerald Green and may have even told him they were planning to take him 4, however in the past week things seem to have changed. It's not clear if Green's agent's (Andrew Vye) decision to work him out individually was the cause, but after trading away their franchise point guard, Baron Davis toward the end of the season, the Hornets find themselves in a position to add a quality PG with either Chris Paul or Deron Williams, whichever of the two falls to them.

Click

• Premium Member

Lorain Morning Journal

The Jazz are supposedly shopping power forward Carlos Boozer, who missed the final 31 games because of a strained right foot. Utah is in serious need of a point guard and they have some interest in moving up from their No. 6 spot in the draft. There was talk of Boozer headed to either Portland or New York.

Los Angeles Times

They might go another way, such as that deal they tried to make with Utah over the All-Star break, trading Caron Butler, Vlade Divac and Devean George for Carlos Boozer.

That really was discussed, even if lots of people (ahem) had fun with TV analyst Jack Haley, who reported it was imminent and wound up holding the bag.

Jazz owner Larry Miller thought Boozer had quit on them but wasn't ready to give up on him. Now, however, knowing his no-nonsense coach, Jerry Sloan, is coming back, Miller is reportedly eager to get out from under Boozer's five-year, $60-million deal.

The big question is, if the Jazz moves Boozer, will it be to the Lakers?On one hand, Boozer, like Bryant, is a Rob Pelinka client and may ask to go to the Lakers.

Quote:

Sources have indicated that the New Orleans Hornets have a promise to take star Illinois point guard Deron Williams with the 4th pick.

I've never understood why teams make promises to players prior to the draft, because almost inevitably that info gets out one way or the other. So....why give away what you're planning on doing? Isn't that a disadvantage to have the other teams knowing your plans? So now everyone knows New Orleans is locked in to Deron at #4, so what's to stop some other team who's really hot for him from trading up to #3 to steal him away from New Orleans?

Unless this is all just some giant smokescreen, I don't understand why you'd compromise your position that way. Makes no sense to me. If I were a GM my lips would remain tightly locked RE: draft plans, and I would make no promises to anyone.

"The deals I have read about was Boozer/#6/#27 to PTL for #3/Theo. This would change a lot of stuff about this draft."

I first heard about that one this weekend. A likely scenario IMO. The Blazers are desperate to get rid of Ratliff's contract. They can take Webster with the 6th pick (or Green as the case may be).

There have also been a few other Utah PTL deals rumored floating around as well.

I still contend that the Lakers rumor is hogwash.

"That makes no sense. If they are desparate to get out of Theo's contract why would they agree tot take back Boozer's, isn't his just as big and just as long?"

Actually I am pretty sure that Boozer's contract is longer. The operative word here is Theo. Theo basically gave up last year and the team benched him. (and even at his best let's face it shotblocking is his only outstanding skill) Pryzbilla outplayed him big time, and the blazers hope to resign him longer term.

Boozer is almost ten years younger than ratliff and is an 18-10 guy. I'm not saying that he is exactly what the blazers need, but they want him a hell of a lot more than ratliff.