• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Guys we could use

tmac13

I thinks its a given we will walk away from the draft with either Bogut or M. Williams..Here are some guys that will definately be available at 31 that can help us..

Dwayne Jones..A 6'11" 225lb center that can flat out rebound and block shots..This guy has a very raw offensive game but is a monster on the boards and averaged 3 blocks per game in college..He also measured out very long at Chicago..True center size..

10pts/11.6reb/3blks per game

Salim Stoudamire..This little guy is not gonna run your offense, he is not gonna be a defensive stopper, but he is the best pure shooter to enter the NBA in years..He is money from the 3 point line or anywhere else on the court..Could be the next Vinnie Johnson..

Jason Maxiell..A 6'7" 250lb power forward who plays much bigger and has a nice outside shot..This guy could be Ben Wallace with a shot..Another guy that has a huge wingspan..

15pts/7.7reb/2.7blks

Nate Robinson..Point Guard..He is only 5'9" and 180 but is strong and extremely quick..He is unstoppable taking the ball to the hoop..Plays great defense despite his size..A good measure of his ability was that Deron Williams refused to workout for Portland because he was going to be matched up against Robinson..

There is speculation that Utah has told Jason Maxiell that they will take him with the 27th pick. Of course, Utah flatly denies that speculation, so we will see.

If Dwayne Jones stays in the draft, then I think he's a definite option with the 31st pick.

I'd also add John Gilchrist to that list. Gilchrist is the one point guard we could get with the 31st pick that can actually be a starter in the NBA. His length has to be appealing to the Hawks. He measured in at 6'2" with a 6'9" wingspan.

Here are the ones I like at #31...

Salim Stoudamire - The guy can flat out put it in the hole.

Ronnie Turiaf - A scrappy big man who doesn't bring much offensively, but he hits the glass hard, plays defense and blocks shots. He's the high energy effort type big man that we don't have.

David Lee - I think he's very similar to Googs. I feel he'll be a solid NBA player for many years. He does just about everything well. He's not overly great at anything though. He doesn't have many weaknesses at all.

Luther Head - If we don't get a point guard early, we may take a gamble on Head. Everyone knows he can shoot and is an adequate on ball defender. However, if it comes to fruition that he can't handle the rock, he will end up being another 2 in a point guards body.

I agree with KB. This is a good list and Gilchrist should also be on it. Gilchrist could be the sleeper in draft. Issues with attitude along with not being able to keep his mouth shut have really hurt him this year. A better attitude like Jack's, and he is a top twenty piick.

If he does not grow up, he could very well end up being that bad apple that bounces around from team to team as GM's keep giving him another chance.

I read that at the Chicago camp, Gilchrist was openly arguing with his own teammates. If he can't even fake it in front of the scouts, I doubt he'll be able to keep it together once he's under contract.