• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Williams at the Milwaukee Workout

Diesel

• Premium Member

Quote:

One of them will have to play off the bench...

It could be Smoove starting...

However, you're not going to bench team captain and 17 ppg Al Harrington. You're not going to bench Chillz...

Add to that the fact that Knight/Woodson are constantly referring to Smith as a SF, and it makes you wonder where Marvin is going to play.

I still think a trade is likely...

• Premium Member

Quote:

I unfortunately agree. But that doesn't mean that we shouldn't take him. I think if that was the case Williams would get alot of minutes off the bench for now, and eventually either he or Smoove will have to be groomed into a 4 or get traded.

I think this draft is a time where we have to look at our team and say... What are we... and how long do we collect potential...

Right now, I say that the potential of M-Will, Deron, and Paul is not so far seperated. We can disagree on this and probably will but You have to look at what you have in front of you. You have two battle test top rank PGs vs. a Guy who is mostly Potential.

When you look at our squad, do we need another SF?

Really if you want to consider it... This can go on FOREVER...

Next year there will be:

Martell Webster and Rudy Gay..

What happens when we are in contention to choose one of them..

It's the same story that will pop up...

Well, we don't want to be like PTL picking Bowie so we need to get Martell Webster...

This can go on forever. There's always going to be a Sf with potential in the draft...

The question is what about our other positions?

Namely PG and C.

We will leave this draft and not addressed those two most important needs at all...

And we think that the 2nd round OR FAcy will fix the problem...

Why pass up a potential Superstar for a 2nd rounder?

You do know there's a reason he's in the second round??

• Admin

I typically order the NY strip myself. Price isn't a consideration, I just like a larger cut. Filets usually only come in an 8oz cut. Some of the high end places around Atlanta have a 10oz, but that's as big as they come without losing some of what makes a filet, a filet. A 10oz steak just doesn't get it done for me.

Quote:

This guy is being wined and dined and he orders a strip steak? Marvin has a lot to learn. The filet mignon is the obvious choice.

Actually Marvin is trying to beef up, so a strip was a pretty good choice. If it was Deron I would agree with you...

Is there anything we won't debate?

I think Josh can play power forward. He played it some last season and was more productive as a power forward than he was as a small forward on a per minute basis. Plus, he's a big kid that is still growing. He's got a big frame that's going to be able to hold quite a bit more weight without losing his immense athleticism.

Josh does have a long way to go when it comes to be a post player offensively though. He's still a slasher and most of his points are going to come off set plays where he is going to the basket.

Marvin is a guy who can play both positions though. He's got a very strong base and is more polished right now with his back to the basket than Josh is. However, Josh has the bigger frame and projects better as a power forward down the road. What you have to like about Marvin is that he is a better ball handler and a better shooter than Josh. Marvin is also an excellent passer. Marvin Williams has Lamar Odom's ball handling and passing ability, Antawn Jamison's size, Carmelo Anthony's shooting ability, and Tim Thomas's athleticism. I think that if you want one player to compare him to, Jamal Mashburn is probably the best single comparison.

Chad Ford's article on ESPN said that Milwaukee loved M. Williams and their GM saw him playing the 4 spot right now. Said he was suprised by how well M. Williams played with his back against the basket and how well refined his post up moves were. Also mentioned seeing him adding weight and growing. Seems that the GM see's Williams as a PF starting next year.

I like that comparison. If he turns out to be a Jamal Mashburn type player then I say bring him on.

I am not sure how all of this is going to turn out. I mean I like Marvin as our pick no doubt. I am just worried about what we have already in Josh and can Josh play the 4 effectively.