• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I hate the thought of this, but would Portland

Admin

give us the #3 pick for Childress if we took back a bad contract? With their being 4 VERY VERY good SGs available this offseason in Ray Allen, Michael Redd, Joe Johnson, and Larry Hughes this is probably the best opportunity a team could ever have to get a star from FA at the SG position and we certainly have the money to do it.

Lets say we agreed to take Shareef off of their hands. We could send them Childress and Diaw or Childress and the Lakers pick. Or if we took a worse contract like Theo we could give up Childress without the additional pick or player because of how bad Theo's contract is. Portland is desperate for a SG and doesnt have money to spend and certainly wont find a SG like Childress in this draft (at least not one who can play at his level for a couple of years). For us it would allow us to take Deron and Marvin. Marvin would come off the bench for us as our 6th man this year and probably replace Al next year in the starting lineup.

D. Williams/Lue

Hughes? Johnson?/Delk

Smooth/D. Smith

Harrington/M. Williams

FA C/Theo

Thats a pretty good solid core to start with. As some have mentioned the Lakers pick will probably lose value in next years draft compared to this one so it might be wise to try and unload it in a deal such as this. We would need to try and sign Swift, Kwame, Chandler, Curry, or Dalembert to start ahead of Theo and I think that we would certainly have a good enough core group to entice one of those guys to sign here and we have plenty of money to do so. Then with the #31 pick we would need to look at SG and try to sign some backup level guards that can shoot the ball like a Richie Frahm.

For what its worth, I am a huge Childress fan and would hate to see us have to move him, but I couldnt pass up the chance at getting 2 potential superstar players from this draft to add to Smooth and a young FA SG and C. Portland may not do this deal, but I think they would love to get their hands on a proven good citizen SG like Childress who is young and cheap while unloading a bad contract like Theo's.

This offseason is a good measure of what our GM is really about. If he REALLY WANTED TO.... he could find a quick fix, and get us in the playoffs this year (overpay for FREE AGENTS, trade for established players, or trade future picks for immediate help). this wouldnt help our future, but our present would definitely benefit. or he could do it the "RIGHT" way and remain patient in his plan.

im curious to see how it'll go down. i think eventually he'll be in the HOT SEAT (not this year, but maybe 1-2 years down the road)... and if we're still not a playoff team, then he'll try to save his job by looking for a QUICK FIX (bandaid) and tryin to get LUCKY.

My concern is that next years draft wont be nearly as strong as this years and thats a pretty safe bet seeing as how this is probably the strongest draft I can ever remember top to bottom. I believe that both Paul and Deron are the best PGs to come out in many years and to pass on one of them would really be hard to do, but then again how good can Marvin be? I am not sold on him personally and would prefer Deron, but if he really does have superstar potential it would be very hard to pass him up as well.

Its not a bad idea, except like Nic said SAR is a free agent..Also, I am not sure other teams view Chillz as a 2..I think most see him as a 3 playing the 2 spot because BK wants him there..All and all, if we could get a franchise point guard for Chillz, I would do it as long as the contract we have to take back is not too bad..

Yeah you guys are right about Reef. However, I based most of that post on Theo being the guy we traded for since we wouldnt have to give up the Lakers pick or a player in the deal because Portland would love to get out from under his contract.

I dont know how the league views Childress either. I think they might have seen what he can do there this past season which is put up some incredibly unique numbers for a SG though which might be enough for a team like Portland that doesnt really want to keep its pick anyway.