• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Quick comparison of Smooth and Marvin in HS

Admin

Smooth is 6'9 225 lbs. His senior year of HS he averaged 25.8 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 6.0 bpg and 3.0 spg.

Marvin is 6'8 230 lbs. His senior year of HS he averaged 28.7 ppg, 15.5 rpg, 5 bpg, and 5 apg.

What truly jumps out at me is we all know how good of a rebounder Smooth is and how active he is around the ball, but to see that Marvin put up twice as many rebounds per game and almost the same amount of blocks in high school as Smooth did was quite a shock to me. He didnt look overly dominant in his high school videos like Smooth did, but maybe he is just one of those players that is a quiet assasin.

I still want Deron, but am warming to the idea of being excited about Marvin if we do take him.

Smoove didn't get as many rebounds because of a guy named Kevin Durant, who is ranked only behind greg oden in his class.

Smoove played with Rajon Rondo, who is a great pg, but a great scorer too.

I'm pretty sure Marvin's blocks were inflated, and Smoove's numbers were deflated. Marvin showed very few signs of being a shotblocker in college, while Smoove is being called one of the best in the NBA.

It is easy to star when you're the only star on your team.

Not so easy to do so, when one teammate goes to Kentucy, one to Syracuse, one to Louisville.

Marvin won't bring anything here we need except shooting, something we can pick up in the 2nd rd, and FACY.

• Premium Member

There's no need to overdo the comparison here. Last yr, Smoove was ranked NUMBER 2 and first team by many publications... Williams coming out of HS was a 2nd teamer and the average rank that he had was #10 (The highest being #7)..