• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel Breaks Down MWiLL

Diesel

Dude....you are funny. I mean hilarious.

It is understood and known that you have some kind of hatred or dislike of Marvin Williams for some unknown reason. That is your position and that is fine, but dude...you are really pulling for lost straws trying to find something to debate about with this post.

Talk about trying to find something to say to justify something that is just not there.

The bottom line is Diesel is one person on Hawksquawk forum who has an opinion. A terrible opinion I must mention. All of the scouts, GMs and others have all said that this kid has the most upside/potential than ANYONE in the draft.

Now why would anyone in their right mind believe "Diesel"...the ONE guy who puts more BS fantasy trade mess(that he believes will actually happen!!)on this forum than anyone OVER NBA professional scouts, GMs, coaches, writers, national media, etc. who all say he and Bogut are the gems of this draft. Let me see.......Diesel vs. NBA scouts, GMs, Owners, etc. Does anyone need to say who they will believe??

You are pulling for straws and the straws are just not there. Give it a break dude, you are wasting your time and energy trying to legitimize an argument against Marvin. Quite frankly there is none, other than age and experience.

• 1 year later...
  • Premium Member

Quote:

The bottom line is Diesel is one person on Hawksquawk forum who has an opinion. A terrible opinion I must mention.
All of the scouts, GMs and others have all said that this kid has the most upside/potential than ANYONE in the draft.

Now why would anyone in their right mind believe "Diesel"...the ONE guy who puts more BS fantasy trade mess(that he believes will actually happen!!)on this forum than anyone OVER NBA professional scouts, GMs, coaches, writers, national media, etc. who all say he and Bogut are the gems of this draft.
Let me see.......Diesel vs. NBA scouts, GMs, Owners, etc. Does anyone need to say who they will believe??

Jeez, Diesel - you've been "breaking down MWILL" since a month before he was drafted. We must have had 200 Marvin trades of the week so far. Just find another topic for a while. - - I'm not impressed with Marvin or Shelden right now either. In fact I'm pissed at Marvin because I had high expectations; I expected little from Shelden so he is sometimes a pleasant surprise other times he looks like Bert without Ernie. But I want to be patient and give the kids a chance. Note that Smoove and Chill didn't really take off until their third year, so I'm not going to get that upset yet.

I think the one person we should not be patient with is Woody. He doesn't seem to be doing any phase of his job well except for dressing well.

Quote:

Quote:

The bottom line is Diesel is one person on Hawksquawk forum who has an opinion. A terrible opinion I must mention.
All of the scouts, GMs and others have all said that this kid has the most upside/potential than ANYONE in the draft.

Now why would anyone in their right mind believe "Diesel"...the ONE guy who puts more BS fantasy trade mess(that he believes will actually happen!!)on this forum than anyone OVER NBA professional scouts, GMs, coaches, writers, national media, etc. who all say he and Bogut are the gems of this draft.
Let me see.......Diesel vs. NBA scouts, GMs, Owners, etc. Does anyone need to say who they will believe??

necromancer.jpg

from beyond the grave....

Quote:

Mwill is just potential with a lot of hype behind it.

I watched as many UNC games as anyone on this board thanks to my location. You prectically can't miss a UNC basketball game on TV around here. Anyhow, while I doubt I could have put it as well as Diesel just did, I never once saw the potential in MW that some oddly enough continue to see in him. For a team needing a Pg in a draft of franchise Pgs it was the single biggest draft error I can recall in the last 5 years. Don't believe the hype should have been on the back of his jersey. Just makes me sick people fell all over him when the year before he wasn't even a top 20 pick. Sick.

W

Quote:

Quote:

Jesse (Hampton): If the hawks got the #1 pick in the draft who would you want them to draft?

Josh Smith: Either the Bogut kid from Utah or the Deron Williams kid from Illinois.

[/indent]

...over MW. I recall that quote BTW and remember it didn't get enough press here. The JJ quote commenting on how good it was to play with a Pg like Chris Paul was a well deserved slap in the face to BK.

W

Quote:

MWill has already done the impossible. D & W used to fight about every topic until he came along. Now they are like twins.

...then it's obvious that it is true. If there were any argument as to MW's prospects not being meager, the two of us would find it, stake out our positions, and go at it.

Those who justify BK's MW selection or MW's play to date should know better than to argue against a Walter and Diesel "consensus".

W

Quote:

Quote:

MWill has already done the impossible. D & W used to fight about every topic until he came along. Now they are like twins.

...then it's obvious that it is true. If there were any argument as to MW's prospects not being meager, the two of us would find it, stake out our positions, and go at it.

Those who justify BK's MW selection or MW's play to date should know better than to argue against a Walter and Diesel "consensus".

W

Good. What else do you guys agree on? I think I have found my religion. I will name it WD40.

• Premium Member

I think we also agree that this team needs:

1. A Defensive Center.

2. Better coaching.

3. A PG...

We differ on the method and manner.. So I guess you can say that we have different denominations of WD40 but we have the same intent.

Quote:

I think we also agree that this team needs:

1. A Defensive Center.

2. Better coaching.

3. A PG...

We differ on the method and manner.. So I guess you can say that we have different denominations of WD40 but we have the same intent.

Hah! The Syna-Gouge. Is that because hearing the Marvin bashing makes 90% of us want to 'gouge' our eyes out? smile.gif

Quote:

Bashing Marvin because he was the number 2 pick is wrong IMO. He didn't pick himself.

But if he gets bashed for poor play then so be it. I don't think he should get a free pass from criticism if he plays like a dog.

There's criticism with context, and then there's nigh-gleeful bashing. The former is fine, the latter is just tiring.

Quote:

Marvin is shooting 37% on the season. That sucks.

And it's not the off hand either. He's shot 27% in the last 5 games including his trying to be a team leader. It's getting worse, not better.

W

Quote:

It is understood and known that you have some kind of hatred or dislike of Marvin Williams for some unknown reason. That is your position and that is fine, but dude...you are really pulling for lost straws trying to find something to debate about with this post.

Talk about trying to find something to say to justify something that is just not there.

The bottom line is Diesel is one person on Hawksquawk forum who has an opinion. A terrible opinion I must mention. All of the scouts, GMs and others have all said that this kid has the most upside/potential than ANYONE in the draft.

Now why would anyone in their right mind believe "Diesel"...the ONE guy who puts more BS fantasy trade mess(that he believes will actually happen!!)on this forum than anyone OVER NBA professional scouts, GMs, coaches, writers, national media, etc. who all say he and Bogut are the gems of this draft. Let me see.......Diesel vs. NBA scouts, GMs, Owners, etc. Does anyone need to say who they will believe??

You are pulling for straws and the straws are just not there. Give it a break dude, you are wasting your time and energy trying to legitimize an argument against Marvin. Quite frankly there is none, other than age and experience.

Thank yo for your post. My response simply was that: Diesel has a break down.

Our team has been schizophrenic and you cannot expect a young player to do anything but go up and down with the rest of them.

• 1 year later...
  • Premium Member

Quote:

Whatever happened to emeans?