• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBADraft.net's Prospect Rankings

KB21

Quote:

Williams has the most potential at the top of a weak draft.

This draft is only being considered the deepest draft in history......but yeah, its very weak....

Also, the contention that most of us have with your assertitions is that you are trying to make Marvin sound like there has never been a player with his combination of skills before and he is a cant miss type of player.....if that were the case this would be a Lebron type of situation, clearly it isnt because he isnt anywhere near unique like Lebron is. However, most of us will agree that Marvin probably does have the most upside of anyone in this draft because he is still very young and is so versatile.

There has never been a player with the combination of skills he has that plays the position he plays. When you are going to take my words, take the entire context of my words.

I challenge anyone to find a small forward/power forward that has the combination of athleticism, strength, shooting skills, passing ability, and feel for the game that Marvin has.

or Worthy with a jumpshot. That type of best case comparison is not what I would use for a player who is truly unique in what he can do, so much so that the NBA has never seen a player like him.....as you claim.

Sorry KB, but this isnt Lebron you are talking about. Everyone knows that there has never been another player like Lebron. Everyone knows that there has never been another player like MJ. However, if the best comparison that people can give Marvin is Worthy or Tim Thomas then that certainly doesnt tell me he is so unique. What more, I challenge you to find a tweener like he is that has ever been a dominant force in the NBA. Right now he isnt very strong in the post, has zero back to the basket moves other than trying to go strong, and gets his shot blocked quite often down low. On the wing he has yet to show that he can use his dribble to get by anybody. To me that sounds like he is a project at both PF and SF......not someone who can dominate both positions as you make him sound like he can be.

Gerald Green would be the guy with the most upside in this draft. His combination of skills at his size and with his length make him a truly unique player. He has the potential to be a dominating defensive player/shotblocker and he could develope into an unstoppable offensive player as well.

Then watch the video you have linked of him. He's using his dribble to get past people in that 50 second clip at least three times.

The only comparisons I've seen of Marvin Williams to Tim Thomas are a worst case scenario.

The problem with Gerald Green is that he is a spot up shooter that can't handle the basketball and has no interest in playing defense. Once again, you have a guy who is an athlete that doesn't have the same skill set as Marvin Williams.

Quote:

There has never been a player with the combination of skills he has that plays the position he plays. When you are going to take my words, take the entire context of my words.

I challenge anyone to find a small forward/power forward that has the combination of athleticism, strength, shooting skills, passing ability, and feel for the game that Marvin has.

That is an absolutely assinine comment. There have been many prospects over the years that are the same size as Marvin or bigger that possess the complete package of skills. Some have turned into great players, others turned into average players, and still others busted. A partial list of talented 3/4 tweeners who entered the league with multifacted skills:

Danny Manning

Kevin Garnett

Jamal Mashburn

Antonine Walker

Tim Thomas

Andrei Kirilenko

Larry Bird

Jonathan Bender

Rashard Lewis

Donyell Marshall

Skita

Dirk Nowitzki

Shareef Abdur-Rahim

I have seen alot of people want Jarret Jack. I have never personally seen him play. I have read he is turnover prone, lacks handles, cannot shoot very well and lacks quickness. Why is there such a big disparity between nbadraft.net and draft express? Also why do some of you want him if the description on him is correct? Does not sound like he could solve our point guard problems.