• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

A telling quote from Woodson

Admin

Quote:

Woodson said Paul and Deron Williams would be ready to make an immediate impact.

"I know Chris Paul and Deron Williams can play the point guard on this level," Woodson said. "Marvin's got to find his niche."

Hmm....did anyone ever say that Lebron needed to find his niche?

"A lot of people have it etched in stone that everybody has to be a certain position - you have to fit into a mold, but that really isn't the way that I look at it," Knight said. "If you had him, Josh Smith, Al Harrington, all those guys to me are forwards. They can play some at either position and I think that's a positive for your team and for those players, so it gives them another opportunity to get on the floor.

"If you say he's a power forward, he's got to play the power forward spot only. You say he's a forward, maybe you're going to go with three forwards, so he can get on the floor at any time. . . . There's such a thing as him being a basketball player."

More telling quotes from Billy Knight, considering that he is the person that will be making the pick.

Quote:

"A lot of people have it etched in stone that everybody has to be a certain position - you have to fit into a mold, but that really isn't the way that I look at it," Knight said. "If you had him, Josh Smith, Al Harrington, all those guys to me are forwards. They can play some at either position and I think that's a positive for your team and for those players, so it gives them another opportunity to get on the floor.

Can any of them run a team?

Why do the Hawks absolutely have to get a point guard THIS year?

Do you think a point guard THIS YEAR, is going to make this team a playoff contender THIS YEAR?

If so, then that is the flaw in your thinking.

The goal is to build a team that is capable of winning a championship down the road. Marvin Williams and Josh Smith together will be a great start to building the foundation for a championship team. The Hawks can get their point guard next year by drafting the 6'7" Ronnie Brewer.

Quote:

Do you think a point guard THIS YEAR, is going to make this team a playoff contender THIS YEAR?

Why do they need a PG this year? Well, it seems there

are a couple of really talented guys there and a PG

would help Smith grow better and sooner.

This isn't about making the playoffs this year. It's

about building a complete team that can starting

growing together and improving. You start stacking

positions and you will be wasting some time and

years.

I understand you want the most talent. But I think

you have to consider guys that can make the players

the Hawks already have better. Even if this dude is

Mashburn with more athletic ability... What player

did Jamal Mashburn make better?

Whomever is drafted I'm going to pull for them anyway

and hope Billy is right.

That argument only works if you have at least on starter quality player at each position. The assumption is that the team will not get eaten alive on defense because you have someone who can stay with a quality SG, SF and PF for most of the game.

Get ready to say goodbye to Josh Smith then in the next 2 or 3years. He isn't going to stay to back up Marvin and I doubt that he will ever have the skills to play Powerfoward. I guess we will hold on to Harrington this year to see whether or not Marvin has any type of skills for the 4spot. We better hope so are J-Smoove will leave atlanta with his contract is up.

Josh and Marvin will be able to play together. Josh has already shown the defensive skills to play the power forward position, and his lack of perimeter skills make a move to the power forward position much more likely for him. A young Shawn Kemp.

Josh Smith and Marvin Williams will be the best forward combo in the NBA in two years time.

I agree KB. This is my take. Josh Smith and Marvin Williams will be a devastating forward combo. They complement each other well. Name a more athletic front court than Smith and Williams. Harrington will be coming of the bench in a couple of years. His game is more suited to a sixth man role.

• Premium Member

Quote:

This is a lame argument. #1 because I don't think anyone has said we need those guys to make the playoffs this yr..

It's all about completeness and grabbing neccessary talent. Paul and Williams are very talented PGs. That's a position that we come into this draft desperately needing to fill and one of these could be a guy that will be a superstar at the position for years to come.

You keep making MWill sound like he can walk on water and feed the sick but the truth of the matter is that there's a lot of hype there and I wouldn't be so quick to say that he's better than J-Smoove.