• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Short blurb on Hoopshype that says we might

Admin

be looking to give up the 31st pick and cash for one of Denvers 1st round picks, either the 20th or 22nd. It would save Denver money and allow them to stash the Euro player of their choice overseas. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

maybe I'm reading it wrong but it sounds to me like we're paying to move down in the 2nd round???

Here's the quote:

Quote:

"There also is talk teams such as Atlanta would give up the top overall second- round pick (31) and cash for a late second-round pick.

I'm hoping that that's a typo that should read a late first round pick??

The other quote is

Quote:

"Right. Like the Nuggets are actually going to keep both of their first-rounders, the 20th and 22nd picks in Tuesday's NBA draft. That's way too in-the-box for Kiki Vandeweghe, who never met a risk he didn't like taking.

"I'll tell you what, that could easily happen," said Vandeweghe, when asked how likely it was that he would make both selections. "It's a really deep draft. I think you're going to see some players down there that we like. Although ..."

Although?

"I have to admit we've tended to pull the trigger on deals, so I can't guarantee anything." ... "

I definately think we need to move up to pick up a point guard. This works for me as well as buying the 19th pick from Memphis. Billy hopes to get two good players from this draft so if he moves up I hope it is for a point. I certainly would prefer to buy the 19th and keep the 31st pick though.

On one side, if we do the trade and use a 1st on a player and he turns out to be a keeper, then we have him locked into a 3 year deal, I believe.

On the other side, if that player bombs then we are still locked into a 3 year deal and while it wont take up a ton of our capspace, it will still take up some of it that might be better used elsewhere.

Still I think its well worth the gamble.

Interesting thought here. What if they do use the number 2 on Williams, get 19/Williams from Memphis for the laker's future 1st and Diaw and then trade 31/cash for the 22nd.

this would allow them to get Marvin Williams, Jarrett Jack, Andrew Bynum in the draft.

Get Jason Williams in the trade and Sign Chandler via free agency.

Theoretically, the Hawks could lineup:

J. Williams/Jarrett Jack

Childress/

J. Smith/

Al Harrington/M. Williams

Chandler/Bynum

and fill in the gaps with what's left on the roster. That is an exciting young core group of players.

This is interesting.