• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin is the safe pick.

RedTalon

• Premium Member

That's a lot of wishing...

The point being..

we come into this draft with 2 needs.

PG and C.

We will leave this draft with nothing fixed if we take williams.

Moreover, there has been nothing definitely given that shows that he will be a bigger star or better player than either deron or Paul?

It makes you question us?

Take the best player regardless of position. I don't care what sport it is you always have to take the player with the most upside. I understand the need for a point guard and center but this is a slow building process. The point is to build a championship calibre ball club and if it means ignoring point and center for now so be it.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Take the best player regardless of position. I don't care what sport it is you always have to take the player with the most upside.

You're the GM of the Atlanta Falcons.

It's 2002. You have Mike Vick. You have just spent Millions on Warrick Dunn. Do you still take TJ Duckett #18, first round of the draft?

Take the best player regardless of position. I don't care what sport it is you always have to take the player with the most upside. I understand the need for a point guard and center but this is a slow building process. The point is to build a championship calibre ball club and if it means ignoring point and center for now so be it."

PG's and Centers don't grow on trees.... Small and Power

Forwards do.

Quote:

Take the best player regardless of position. I don't care what sport it is you always have to take the player with the most upside. I understand the need for a point guard and center but this is a slow building process. The point is to build a championship calibre ball club and if it means ignoring point and center for now so be it."

PG's and Centers don't grow on trees.... Small and Power

Forwards do.

I agree completely. This is at least the third post in the past two days I have agreed with Hotlanta on. I find this unusual as I never tend to agree with his negative postings.

Marvin is the safe pick because you can justify it

no matter if he works out or not. To most people

he appears to be the best or 2nd best player.. If

he doesn't workout you can just say you drafted the

most talented player and the guy everybody expected

you to pick.

The bottomline is that the best players don't always

win or get to the finals as we saw with Detroit. In

fact, alot of the best players didn't even make the

playoffsthis year. It's about more than possibly

having a top 5 player.

Where is James? Kobe? KG?

Kidd went out in the first round....

If we pick Marvin and he doesn't pan out, no one is going to blame BK. But if we pass on him and he becomes a star elsewhere, the Hawks will get TORCHED in the media. That being said, if BK does not believe that Marvin is the best player, he should not take him, particualrly when we need a PG.

• Premium Member

Let's compare sports..

SAN Diego traded the pick which would have been Vick.

Out of the deal, they got L. Thomas, D. Brees, and T. Dwight...

are they the PTL trailblazers of football?

Diesel, I agree, we have two needs: point guard and center.

I do not believe any of these needs get addressed tonight with top draftees.

BK will take Marvin if he is on the board.

I think BK is looking to address those needs in some other way with later selections or trades. I am just gonna wait and see what happens.

We should never mention the selection of TJ Duckett after we had given Warrick all that money. He wasn't the best talent on the board and.....(oh well).

Marvin should be our problem to have to deal with. Fitting in, trading whom, etc., is what makes BK better than average I would say with regards to trades. It's debatable about what he's been able to do while purging the awful roster we had, but I can appreciate his vision. Overkill? Possibly, but I think in two years IF we solve our PG problems, and IF we solve our C issues...we'll be very competitive (keeping in mind this is long-term we're talking). I don't think we can field a team that will win 45 games next year anyway. But I hope by some stroke of ingenious luck, I'm proven wrong.