• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kudos ...

Lascar78

... on not taking Taft with the 31. I told you guys he would go in the 2nd round. Everyone said I was crazy. Not only did he go 2nd round, he went #42. I don't like lazy big men

I just wish we could hear from BK why we didn't get Ukic, who was clearly recognized as the 5th best PG in the draft. I'm sure there's a reason, but I'd like to hear it. I was pulling my hair out, hoping he would fall to us, and I was exstatic when he did. And then we took Salim, like I said we would all along. But I didn't know Ukic would be available. I think Salim will be a long time backup for us as one of the league's best shooters, but it seems like we passed on a shooter. Again, I'm sure there's a reason, but I'd like to know why.

For once, I wish BK would unseal his lips on this one

Also, did anyone else go to the draft party? I thought it was cool that they announced the pick before it was announced on ESPN, that they had a camera in the war room, and that we got a chance to see Woody, Chill, Smoove, Diaw, Nique and the owners.

I give BK an A- on this draft.

--------------------------

By the way, ESPN gave him a B:

Round 1: Marvin Williams, SF, UNC (No. 2)

Round 2: Salim Stoudamire, SG, Arizona (No. 31)

Round 2: Cenk Akyol, G, Turkey (No. 59, from San Antonio)

Analysis: Can't slam the team that ended up with the best player in the draft, but something just doesn't seem right. Passing on Chris Paul and Deron Williams may come back to haunt the Hawks if they can't land a decent point guard in free agency or via trade. Marvin was a want. Paul and Williams were needs.

They blew their second chance at a lead guard in the second round. They had a shot to land Croatian point guard Roko Ukic at 31 and instead took an undersized shooter in Stoudamire who duplicates what Tony Delk already does for them.

Grade: B

[quoteI just wish we could hear from BK why we didn't get Ukic, who was clearly recognized as the 5th best PG in the draft.

I would love to also know this, and the next time I see Billy Knight at the game I'm going to ask him. It's worth a try to get a response.

I really wanted Ukic. When our pick came I was upset about Ukic not being selected, but I also knew Billy Knight selected us a shooter.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I just wish we could hear from BK why we didn't get Ukic, who was clearly recognized as the 5th best PG in the draft.

I still think it had to do with buyout $. If his buyout is really $1M, he won't be coming over this year.

How could he afford a $1M buyout is he won't make that money the next two year COMBINED?

to me. The last thing we need is a PG we who can't shoot if we are looking at Chillz as our longterm SG. Chillz will improve as a shooter but Reggie Miller he'll never be. Throw in the fact that Robinson, Jack, Head, Stoudamire, Ewing, Diener and Ellis were all taken ahead of Ukic and you have to wonder if his weaknesses (particualrly his lack of shooting) were exposed prior to the draft just as Andriuskevicious' were.