• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Whining aside...let's look ahead.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

I know it will take a little longer for some of you to get your rants over with, but when you finish, let's move forward. smile.gif

I think a trade for a backup center would help clear some of the forward/guard logjam. It would also alleviate the need to overpay for *several* post players.

IMO, Delk and Collier are the two most likely players to be traded, since Salim duplicates Delk and Collier is worse than Drobnjak.

I know they have little value as far as talent, but if the Hawks take back more salary than they give, a team might be willing to part with an older big man.

Here's three examples:

A. Delk/Collier to Indiana for Scot Pollard ($6.3M)

B. Delk/Collier to Memphis for Lorenzen Wright ($7.7M)

C. Delk/Collier to Orlando for Kelvin Cato ($8.6M)

Cato is probably the most likely since Orlando already has Howard and Vasquez to build around. Collier would be their third or fourth big man and would be much cheaper than Cato. Delk would be Francis' backup and some scoring off the bench.

Atlanta would have a tough shotblocker as their backup center and could more than afford the $4M - $5M in salary they are taking.

These are just examples, but I think they would be much smarter moves financially than overpaying two players long-term to play in the post.

---

Also, two things:

1. With May in Charlotte, Melvin Ely might be available.

2. Brian Grant might be waived by LA and would be a cheap veteran to add if he would like...

Not sure of the rules. Couldn't we just waive Collier or Delk?

The Orlando trade might work, but the Indiana and Memphis trade probably not. Those are two of the deepest teams in the league. I don't think they have roster spots for both Collier and Delk.