• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Am I the only one who's OK with another bad year?

CBAreject

...and I mean a BAD year. I don't mind if we win fewer than 20 games again. I think we're about accumulating talent. Next year we can take the best PG available in the draft in the lottery.

I think we're looking at one more year of serious losing before we challenge for a playoff spot, and I'm OK with that.

I know we are going to lose so I'll probably skip a

few more game next year. But next year so mean alittle

more than just tanking.... Why not develop some guys?

Josh SMith doesn't have the offensive skills to improve

much without a PG, so next year is just going to be

a waste of time as far as develop Josh goes.

• Premium Member

Quote:

...and I mean a BAD year. I don't mind if we win fewer than 20 games again. I think we're about accumulating talent. Next year we can take the best PG available in the draft in the lottery.

I think we're looking at one more year of serious losing before we challenge for a playoff spot, and I'm OK with that.

I'm not expecting anything either. But judging from some of the rants, people were expect a water-walker from this draft.

It's not like we hadn't been preparing people for this for months...

I'm ok with losing again. I expect us to lose again. I was hoping for an improvement though. I would like to make it to 20 wins if possible. It looks to me that BK was drafting BPA no matter what. The thing is, what if we get the #1 overall next year and there's another "potential star" at small forward. Are we taking him too so we don't miss out? If we're looking at Daniel Gibson & Rudy Gay next year and Gay is seen as a "potential star", are we going to pass on Gibson?

Quote:

I expect another horrible year record-wise, with more exciting play on the court with what Marvin and Salim bring meshing with the Joshes improving.

The following year I expect serious improvement recordwise after a big FA signing

Quote:

Do you really believe that.....you can already see the improvement in Josh at the end of the year...his jumpshot got much better...I think he will develop just fine...but hey u may be right.

His game is alot like Amare..it will not improver THAT

much until a real STARTING worthy PG is here.

I think we all expect a bad year. Some believe we could have improved more with a point guard though. I believe the hawks will wind up with 27 wins. We lost at least 5 games last season on the last possesion. Normally with a turnover or an airball by Walker. Salim should help with that. grin.gif

He could increase his value immensely by working on his dribble and his shot around the clock. Especially his dribble. I don't understand how a guy gets to the NBA with such a bad dribble. But even a little improvement will do wonders for his ability to create his own shot. Right now I wince every time he puts it on the floor in the half court.

The bottom line is there is plenty of individual improvement possible for both Joshes without a PG. A PG would definitely get them much easier shots though

27 is too high. I think we win 20.

More importantly is the standings. Who is really going to be worse than us next year? I think Charlotte's draft will improve their record a good bit. New Orleans will also improve, but not as much.

I still think New Orleans and us are the bottom 2.

I expect us to be bad again..That being said I have never seen a group of knowledgable fan like we have here that are so accepting of losing, and even encourage it..At some point I would hope that the fan base would help push to Hawks into contention by demanding more..I think Marvin was a great pick, he may be that superstar everyone wants so much..I think we took a huge gamble in passing up 2 franchise caliber point guards that would not only make the team better but help the developement of the Joshes..Only time will tell if that was a good move..I just wish the fans would expect more..It doesn't take 5 years to rebuild an NBA team..BK needs a great free agent class or all of this caproom stuff he has been talking about for 2.5 years will start to ring hollow..