• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

There is no absolute formula to winning guys......

emeans

• Premium Member

Quote:

Im not talking about the 'superstars' like tmac/kobe

but the SUPERSTARS like jordan/hakeem/duncan/shaq...

OK... let's go down the line Naive...

Who are superstars?

Was Barkley a true Superstar?

Was Karl Malone a true Superstar?

Is KG a true Superstar?

Was Stockton a true Superstar?

Was Nique a true Superstar?

Was Pippen a true Superstar?

Was Ewing a true Superstar?

Is Kidd a true Superstar?

Please.. help me see your definition??

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

I wouldn't be so quick to say who contends where. Last year, multitudes of you talking heads said the same thing about Phoenix, Seattle, and Washington...

I think NY definitely has the talent if they can acquire a legitimate big man.

• Premium Member

But BK is going to keep him... and he will probably be our starting PF for years.

Lascar needs to come to the realization that other than butts in seats, BK has never really been that high on Smoove.

Quote:

All of this is subject to your opinion. You think BK is doing a sorry job...that is your opinion and quite frankly you haven't had enough time with BKs team to make that kind of evaluation. Look what mess he inherited and look where we are going and the talent that we now have with spendable FA money. The future looks much much brighter since he has arrived.

The problem with most of you all is you think this is an overnight rebuilding process.....it is not. We are not going to go from worst to 1st in a year.

Again that is your opinion, but I am glad to know most Hawks fans see the excellent job BK has done and is continuing to do with this organization.

I agree totally.

Quote:

But BK is going to keep him... and he will probably be our starting PF for years.

Lascar needs to come to the realization that other than butts in seats, BK has never really been that high on Smoove.

http://www.hawksquawk.net/forums/showflat....p;fpart=1#87254

Yep, its true. Lascar wants Al gone and BK doesnt want Smoove around and no we were all mistaken about Diesels 50 million trade Al posts throughout the last year, they didnt exist anymore than Aliens do.

Quote:

I agree with you about traditional PG, SG etc.--- I agree with CBS Sportsline the Hawks Draft grade A --- but this Message board would not be a message board if you did not have the naysayers. The problem I have with the naysayers views are that by saying we did not fill a need is essentially giving no props to Mike Woodson as a player developer. I think Marvin is super versatile and I definitely think he can adjust to being very good at the 3 or 4 position. Al Harrington and JSmooth can play the 3 or 4 and Josh Childress can play the 2 or 3. In fact Mike Woodson was assistant on a CHAMPIONSHIP Detroit Pistons team that featured no true Center at all. Salim is also versatile and I am certain Woodson can get Salim to play as a solid PG and you get the bonus of him being able to shoot the lights out. Critics of Jason Terry watched Dallas fit JT in just fine as the PG and they were a very solid team. Yes we still need a Center through free agency but the rest of the team is getting solid. Popovich got Manu late and Tony Parker and they just won a championship not because those players were great but because Popovich is a player developer supreme --- lets hope Mike Woodson is because the talent level increased considerably with this draft.

I agree. Preach it!

Now it is time to see what kind of coach we have.

grin.gif

• Premium Member

however, Al is still here and if you listen to BK, he wants Al here as long as Al wants to be here. That's the reality I accepted. Now it's interesting.. When i was far trading Al, everyone was against it. Now, that I have accepted Al being here, everybody wants to trade him... Who says Diesel doesn't rule! I got mind control over Hawksquawk!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Yes he would because his philosphy is get the best talent available, regardless of position.

Oh.. That's why he passed up Jameer Nelson last year and Deron Williams this year?

Face it.. OUR GM loves 6'9 players. PERIOD.

Moreover, what rationale will there ever be to not take one... I mean next year.. Rudy Gay will probably be the top player coming out the draft. If we find ourselves in the position to get him... even at the cost of putting off team building, what rationale will there be for not taking him??

Like I said.. We're the Clipps. Meaning, we're not interested in team building, we're interested in the collection of talent.

• Premium Member

Quote:

however, Al is still here and if you listen to BK, he wants Al here as long as Al wants to be here. That's the reality I accepted.

Hmm...

...October 4th, 2004:

Quote:

"It means we'll see how he plays," Knight said. "Antoine's a good player whether he's in the last year of his contract or the first year of his contract. . . . We certainly look at him as a viable piece going forward, and
you never know what's going to happen throughout the season or at the end of the season
, but certainly the possibility exists. So we're looking at Antoine as someone who fits into our long-term plans."

It's too early to tell whether Al is here long-term or not.

Quote:

Quote:

siah inherited an overpriced mediocre team and has made it an even more overpriced mediocre team with no future anytime soon

What?

Isiah is building in NY. I don't like the Rose trade but he is getting absolute Steals out of the draft. Channing Frye, David Lee, Dijon Thompson, and Nate Robinson... Those are absolute steals for NY. Add that to Trevor Ariza...

Look at the draft team he can put on the floor:

Nate Robinson, Dijon Thompson, Trevor Ariza, David Lee, Channing Frye...

Damn. That team can be some real starting 5... Maybe ours... I mean they do have a real PG and C.

Add to that Marbury, Crawford, Sweetney, and even Tim Thomas... and you got the start of something. I think NY needs a few more real Big men and they will be able to compete.

The Knicks need to start by getting rid of Marbury. He

hasn't won much in his entire career and never will. He

is like the Shareef of PG's.

• Premium Member

It's dripping with what Bk was thinking...

Let me give you a clue Mr. H.

When BK was talking about resigning Toine being a "possibility"... That's a sure sign that unless Walk had a Jordan like Season, he was going to be gone... and guess what.. Walk had a good year and he was still gone.

However, with Al.. BK don't talk about possibility of him being here. BK talks about a future with Al. In fact, he went so far as to diagram some funky rotation where all three forwards would get at least 30 minutes... When in actuallity that kind of stuff don't work!

BK has a space for AL in our future.

Quote:

Quote:

Im not talking about the 'superstars' like tmac/kobe

but the SUPERSTARS like jordan/hakeem/duncan/shaq...

OK... let's go down the line Naive...

Who are superstars?

Was Barkley a true Superstar?

Was Karl Malone a true Superstar?

Is KG a true Superstar?

Was Stockton a true Superstar?

Was Nique a true Superstar?

Was Pippen a true Superstar?

Was Ewing a true Superstar?

Is Kidd a true Superstar?

Please.. help me see your definition??

my definition is obvious and simple...a true superstar can put a team on his back...'superstars' like kobe/tmac can't do that, and they have proven that

a lot of those people u mentioned didn't win a ring because they went up against another superstar...i don't think kidd is less of a superstar because he lost in the finals...

pippen isn't a true superstar...he's the ultimate sidekick and a star, but he never carried a team...

malone/stockton had each other, so hard to say, but their lack of rings is due to other superstars like jordan/duncan/shaq

is it really that hard to see why many people don't consider the tmacs and kobes of the world to be superstars?

Quote:

however, Al is still here and if you listen to BK, he wants Al here as long as Al wants to be here. That's the reality I accepted. Now it's interesting.. When i was far trading Al, everyone was against it. Now, that I have accepted Al being here, everybody wants to trade him... Who says Diesel doesn't rule! I got mind control over Hawksquawk!

first of all, many, including myself, have said we should trade al for a variety of reasons

second of all, many people that didn't NOW want al gone since we got marvin...they like al and wanted to keep him, but they like chill/smoove/marvin better than al, so al is the odd man out...

lol@ruling and mind control...u prolly really believe yourself, too