• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Now that it seems Marvin is our man...

hotboyj

We need to give up our next year's first, along with boston/la pick, and al harrington to get either deron or chris paul.

We really have no clue who will or won't be in next year's draft. The best pg might be Dee Brown. We should go very, very, and I mean very strong to get one of the two.

I'm willing even to give 10 million in cap space to either team.

This is why I didn't want Marvin, because if paul/deron don't workout we will always have Rudy Gay, but if Marvin doesn't workout at best we may have Daniel Gibson.

We HAVE to get a good pg, because they are the cornerstone of your team, that and a dominant big man. Since we weren't getting Bogut we should have went after a pg. Hopefully BK can work his Magic, because right now we are in deep $hit.

Quote:

We need to give up our next year's first, along with boston/la pick, and al harrington to get either deron or chris paul.

We really have no clue who will or won't be in next year's draft. The best pg might be Dee Brown. We should go very, very, and I mean very strong to get one of the two.

I'm willing even to give 10 million in cap space to either team.

This is why I didn't want Marvin, because if paul/deron don't workout we will always have Rudy Gay, but if Marvin doesn't workout at best we may have Daniel Gibson.

We HAVE to get a good pg, because they are the cornerstone of your team, that and a dominant big man. Since we weren't getting Bogut we should have went after a pg. Hopefully BK can work his Magic, because right now we are in deep $hit.

Give it some time. I read today that we had scouts evaluating Stoudemire extensively. It is the feeling of our scouts that Salim is a PG.....they may be right, so let's wait and see.

We are not going to get those guys unless we do something really stupid - and BK does not seem very good at being stupid. After all the hype the other GMs would be lynched unless it was obvious they got the best of us. I think those two are untouchable now.

Lets look at what we got (Salim), look at the undrafted PGs (some talent there), and FA's.

We are better today than we were yesterday.

yeti

• Premium Member

Who did N.O. Get last night?

Just Paul...

I think they'd do it and be more willing to Gamble on FAcy.

Their deal with Toronto didn't happen.

So they have:

Magloire/Anderson/West/JR Smith/Paul

right now..

However, Who would not want JR Smith and Josh Smith Slamming them home. That would be a win for NO too!

Trade proposals are not my forte, it not my pipe dream.....

I'm sure everyone knows that josh is not going anywhere (in a trade), the owners are going to hype him to fill up phillips. I was simply reponding to Diesel in a civil manner.

Quote:

It is utterly stupid to even come up with a trade that involves Josh Smith anyway.

trading away last year's rookies is almost like admitting that u made a mistake.

1st round rookies dont get traded in their 2nd year. if they did, they were prob 2nd rounders and HAD to be included as part of the deal (for salary purposes most likely).

Quote:

Quote:

It is utterly stupid to even come up with a trade that involves Josh Smith anyway.

trading away last year's rookies is almost like admitting that u made a mistake.

1st round rookies dont get traded in their 2nd year. if they did, they were prob 2nd rounders and HAD to be included as part of the deal (for salary purposes most likely).

Tell that to Boston. In years past they have traded away Joe Johnson and Chauncey Billups during their rookie years.

Smith is not going anywhere.

• Premium Member

Quote:

So what is it when you draft a player of the same build and position as last yrs rookie... Then you say you took him because he was BPA YET you have gapping holes at the PG and C position...

Isn't that saying... "We made a mistake". Or what does that say about Josh Smith?

No, it isn't saying we made a mistake, because they are two totally different kinds of players with two different builds.

Josh is a bigger player. He's got broader shoulders and a thicker upper body. Marvin is a longer player that isn't as thick.

As far as their skills go, Josh is extremely athletic with raw basketball skills. Marvin is extremely athletic with polished basketball skills.

Josh is a slasher and shot blocker that can play in the post. Marvin is a complete player that can play in the post and on the wing.

Marvin is a better player, but the two together will be outstanding and will be the best forward tandem in the NBA within 2 years.