• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks making a run at Joe Johnson.

KB21

If we offer Joe Johnson the max, I don't see how Phoenix can match. The Steve Nash deal worked out very well last season, but for a six year deal they will start to regret it as the years go by.

Also, I believe Salim can play with Joe Johnson, either one of them could bring the ball up the court. Imagine our perimeter shooting with Salim, Marvin, and JJ on the floor.

What if we signed JJ and Dalembert? Wow.

That is what I am alluding to.

Quote:

where is the money to resign Amare going to come from?

I do not think they have cleared out enough cap space to pay jj and amare the big pay days necessary to keep them in the future. If they pay JJ the max this year, it may end up costing them Amare down the road. I do not think they want to do that.

i agree Blunt..i'm sure Joe can play a "little" point but we need a starting point guard.. We'll need someone who can setup offenses..

I'm more for Jaric if Clippers don't match. He's a much better distributor and he's still tall for a point guard.

Jaric is 6'7" and although last year (his 3rd year), he only contributed 10pts per game, his assists were 6.1 per game. His assist to turnover ratio is 3.09 (15th in league) which is unspectacular(but solid) but he only completed his 3rd season so far. I think he'd be a good pick and I don't think the Clippers would match up to a certain amount because they have Shaun Livingston as their future.

Do you really think that in a few years Chill, Smoove, and Marvin will all be worth $10 mill/year? I would love it if that happend because it means all three will start to blow up starting this year. Realistically only one of the them will be worth money like that. All will be UFA so we can let the market set their price.

Does everyone on this board think Chill, Smoove, and Marvin will all be worth $10 mill/yr.?

If we sign Johnson, I think that Childress would be the odd man out. Johnson is most dangerous as a SG. If you pay a player the max, you have to get the most out of him. Playing him next to Chidress doesn't make much sense to me. Playing him next to Salim makes more sense. Both players score like mad and can handle and dish adequately.

I doubt we go after JJ. I think that BK likes Childress a lot. Childress was a very visible guy during the draft process. That sort of thing is not done with a guy that does not figure prominently in your plans.

Like I said I hope your right. That would be a great problem to have if the entire league thought that our players were worth $10 mill/yr. Especially if we sign JJ I don't see how all of our players would be valued that high.

If JJ and Al play starter minutes, do you really think we would have three non PG players that would be worth $10 mill/yr?

Let's be realistic.

Well if we had drafted a guy like Chris Paul we would have been straying away from that vision. Billy likes "size" at each position but he also stated that if a player can play basketball it doesn't matter. If Jay Williams or some other PG can handle the pointguard chores it doesn't matter that he isn't 6'8.

I think the Hawks should give Jay Williams a thought

and see if he is interested. He could come cheap and

IF he can improve it could pay off big time. I have

him on ESPN Basketball.

On ESPN Basketball I currently have:

PG:Jay Williams-81 rating

SG:Josh Childress(created 77 Rating)

SF:Josh Smith(Created 75 rating)

PF:Al Harrington-82 Rating

C:Samuel Dalembert-Edited 78 Rating

PG:Tony Delk-68 rating

PG/SG:S.Stoudamire(created 72 rating)

SG:Boris Diaw-72 Rating

SF/PF:M.Williams(Created 80 rating)

PF:Googs-68 rating

PF/C:Drobs-70 rating

C:Kevin Willis-66 rating

I know it's pointless to most people... But I'm bored. grin.gif

Quote:

According to a couple of reports, the Hawks are rumored to be hot and heavy after Joe Johnson and may offer him a deal close to the max. It will be interesting to see how high Phoenix will go to match the offer, especially if the Richardson deal to New York doesn't go through.

This brings up an interesting topic. Everyone knows that Joe Johnson is a great ball handler and can set an offense. I believe the Hawks may be looking at him to run their point guard position, and I speculated when he was drafted that he would eventually be a point guard.

Think about it. If this goes down, and Atlanta is able to get a post man like Jamaal Magliore in here, they will have:

G - Joe Johnson (6'8")

G - Josh Childress (6'8")

F - Marvin Williams (6'9")

F - Josh Smith (6'9")

C - Jamaal Magliore (6'11")

Who would be able to match up with that line up defensively?

I admit that your lineup looks good. I still think that we should trade for Magliore and see what Salim can do at the point. If JJ is signed, I would not be surprised to see Childress as our 6th man by the end of the season.

Hey I like that lineup, although my lineup for next season has Tyson Chandler as our starting Center and David Anderson as the backup. Googs is on my list as the backup PF as well with Ivey as the 3rdstring point guard.