• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Childress vs Smith- the better player!!!

cyman3

I think this would bring a great debate. what u guys think?

After year 1- we got see a good bit of both Childress and Smith. If u look at stats, they are very similar.

heres my analysis after year 1

- Childress has more allaround game. His game isint limited or 1 dimensional. he doesnt do anything exceptional, but also doesnt do anything HORRIBLE!

- Smith is an incredible dunker/blocker. when it comes to his strengths- hes ONE OF THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE already (dunks/blocks). however, there are more weaknesses in his game. i think his HIGHLIGHTS/FAME on espn overshadowed his weaknesses. but us hawks fans know, Smith needs to work on other parts of his game.

but heres the question, 3 years down the road. who will be the BETTER PLAYER?

Hard to predict who will be the better player, because we don't know how much work these guys are willing to put in. Smith is a lefty, which is one big advantage. He is also athletic, and has good form on his shot. Childress is strong in many areas, but I believe it is going to be very difficult for him to shoot with that awkward release, in the NBA. I think both are going to be good players for a long time, but my money is on Smith.

I think Smith has the potential to be way better, right now Childress is the better player. You have to take into consideration that Chillz had 3 years of college and Smith was fresh out of HS. Chilldress is the better on ball defender, better free throw shooter, better at driving to the hole & better at drawing fouls. Smoove is better at weak side help defense, better passer, better at playing the passing lanes & the better athelete.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Childress has more allaround game. His game isint limited or 1 dimensional. he doesnt do anything exceptional, but also doesnt do anything HORRIBLE!

I would say that Chillz is an exceptional rebounder.. especially at the SG position. He's getting what 7 rpg?