• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Maybe Dalembert is the answer?

Diesel

• Premium Member

I'm all about youth.. But you can't have good youth without good vets showing them the way.

I doubt we can get Deke. I think he will sign where he can get a championship.

I really think Pairing him with Al is the way to go for now. Maybe next year we add Antonio Davis... But look at Al. He's been exactly where Kwame is. He came straight from HS. He spent his time being a bench warmer on a team set for a championship playing with one of the better players in the History of the game. He's been hungry for more playing time.. There's a lot of things that Kwame can gain from time with Al. Plus Al is a good guy. I think Al would be a good role model.

I think maybe we add coaches who can add that other stuff like the Barkley Boot camp. My choice would be Old man Grant Long. Get Grant out of the booth. Grant knows basketball. He knows how to train a young Pf/C. He used to work with Reef when Reef first entered the league and Reef entered as a baby too. Because of Long, I think Reef has a stronger work ethic.. I would like Long to instill that in all of our guys! Another guy we can call on is Clifford Ray. This guy is the prototypical Big Man's coach and he's one of the best in the business. I think it would be a smart move just because we have so many young big men AND He's a guy who Howard likes a lot. We have to also keep our eye on the FA market in years to come and getting Dwight Howard to come here.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

You can't offer Dalembert a contract that starts at 20 million. His max is 12M - 12.5M (depending on the cap).

The Hawks' offer, sources said, is likely to be front-loaded with a payment as high as $20 million in the first year of the deal. Rules on such payments and other specifics of the deal are also on hold until July 22, when the league announces the salary-cap number for next season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?i...TC-DT9705204233

Now, seeing as the qualifying offers for both Daly and Johnson are about equal and that they were both drafted the same year and that we are apparently offering $20 million up front, I would say that....YES, yes you can offer a player like Dalembert a contract that starts at 20 million, just as you can Joe Johnson.