• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would you trade Al & Chillz for J.R. Smith?

hotboyj

jr isn't better and didn't get snubbed

scoring isn't everything and jr already got to be rom several times since he was in the west, where he was the only decent rookie that wasn't injured (livingston)

i liked chill from the beginning when we drafted him much better than jr and i liked him better than jr every month since...jr is one-dimensional...and he only got as many points as he did because the hornets didn't even have an al or toine to score...davis/magloire/mash were all injured...even dickau looked all-nba on that team...

Quote:

J.R. no doubt should have made at least 2nd team since he was 5th amongst rookies in scoring. Despite his being drafted out of the lotto. Do you want to tell me J.R. Smith isn't as good as Jameer Nelson?

Scoring is not everything. If you gave me the option of adding JR or Jameer to this team, I would take Jameer. I think they're in the same ball park. I mean how does Jameer get more rebounds per game than JR? And he didn't get to start in half the games JR did because he was behind Francis.

Quote:

I would much rather this team to be flasy. It is ok to be as boring as the spurs when you win a championship. It isn't ok if you are the worst team in the league.

Well flashiness is of no concern to most of us. We're trying to build a champion here. It doesn't matter that we aren't there yet. Every move we make should be the move that brings us closest to being a contender. JR's Flash doesn't help us do that. Chill's rebounding and D are more likely to do that.

Quote:

As far as having tall center goes that is especially not true, when I am one of the few Swift supporters as playing center. If any of you saw Swift dunk on Yao you would know size isn't everything.

My point is, all you value is height and flash. Smoke and mirrors. I tell you that what you value is height and flash, and you respond by telling me that I'm wrong because you like Swift because of a dunk of his. I saw that dunk, and I would never pick any player because of any dunk. I've seen Swift fail to produce for a couple of years now. He has a monster facial every now and again, but that's not my main concern. I haven't seen Vince Carter win a championship, I haven't seen Jason Richardson in the playoffs.

I want to build a winner. It doesn't matter that we won't be winning this year, I still want to make the moves that maximize our odds of eventually having a winner

I guarantee that Chill wins an NBA Championship before JR Smith ever does, at least as an important piece. JR Smith might ride the bench for a championship team but will never be one of the main cogs. Chill brings that unselfish talent that every team needs some of. I don't really care about high-flying dunks when your team sucks. Marvin/Smooth will bring that anyways, we need Chill more than we need JR. It's actually funny b/c we talk like Chill isn't a big-time athlete in his own right, do you guys remember him dunking on Yao after getting a rebound under the basket? I can't recall Josh Smith doing it.

If all I cared about is flasiness and dunks, why did I not want Marvin Williams. Who dunked on tons of people in college. Why did I want Deron or Paul who weren't flashy at all except in their ball-handling. It isn't that I like flashiness, I like attitude. You want a team like the Detroit Pistons that is full of attitude and toughness. You don't want a team full of nice people, nice people don't get respect.

The reason I like Swift is not because of his dunks, but what he does after the dunk. To have a guy stare you down after he dunks on you is intimidation. You want guys who intimidate the other team.

You can laugh all you want about Paul being the nutcracker, but don't think Hodge won't think twice about guarding Paul agian.

The Hawks need toughness period. The hawks need size period. The Hawks could use some ticket sales period. More importantly the Hawks could use some buzz. Chillz may be the guy every team wants because of his unselfishness, but the only guy I can think of like that are Bruce Bowen. Who is nothing without the superstar in Tim Duncan.

I would much rather have a disfuntional team like Portland, than to have a team full of considerate people, that just play the game.

As our record may tell you, nice guys finsih last.

Quote:

It seems Lascar knows me better than myself.

That coming from the guy who wrote this?

Quote:

While you may not like J.R. there is no one here that can say that they truly belive that Chillz will become a bigger start than J.R. Not a single person.

1.Smith scores so much because the Hornets had less

talent for than the Hawks with Mash/Brown/Jamal M

being out.... Guys like Dan Dickau and Lee Nailon

couldn't even get off the Hawks bench on a regular

basis.

JR Smith probably is going to be a better player than

some here are giving him credit for. But there is no

way in H*ll I trade both of those guys for him. That

is just stupid.