• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Probables... In the NBA. (Hawks)

Diesel

• Premium Member

Quote:

I think it's principle that we make some of the teams pay for their own Free agents... HOWEVER... There are 2 things.

1. IF it's a restricted player that we really want... Then we probably will let the Q.O. slide and try again next year.

i.e. IF we're really hot for Dalembert, we might let Philly's Q.O. stand and then next season when he is uFA we go for him then with guns blazing.

This is the smartest thing to do! Fill the roster out with player that are not as hot in this free agent period preferably young talent is the smartest approach.

• Premium Member

I would think signing a guy like Madsen to a cheap 2 year deal with the 2nd year on the team might be a good option while we wait for Dally to become a uFA. Because if Madsen shows something, we have him the next year at our option and we can still sign Dally probably for less because our demand would not be as high.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I would think signing a guy like Madsen to a cheap 2 year deal with the 2nd year on the team might be a good option while we wait for Dally to become a uFA. Because if Madsen shows something, we have him the next year at our option and we can still sign Dally probably for less because our demand would not be as high.

Good post!!

• Moderators

There is some very real risk about whether Dally becomes an UFA, though. I suspect Philly will try to sign him to a long-term deal because they don't want to have to compete for him next year. I also suspect Daly will receive some long-term offers from other teams.