• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Chad Ford is questioning BK in his latest buzz

Spiral

I agree with the fact that Allen and Ilg don't fit what we need. That's why i was wondering why everyone was talking about these free agent sgs..

But I think BK just tries to drive up the price of free agents, something you don't see other GM's do because it's a risky game.

But I do feel anxious about that game he seems to be playing. It's about time to stop playing that game and get to getting some players in here....that fit our style..go for it we have cap and we have tradeable assets.

I think it is hard for some of you to understand that Billy is approaching this the right way. He approaches everything based on what it will do long term for this team. Most of these guys who are restricted aren't worth the money they will get, and Billy knows that. Bill also knows that paying them big now will cost us down the road when it comes to Marvin Williams, Josh Smith, and Josh Childress. When the time comes to resign those guys, it is very possible that Smith and Williams will be max type players while Childress is a $10+ million guy but not quite a max player. If you give a guy like Samuel Dalembert a contract that will pay him $16 million when those guys's are up for extensions, well, you can see how that hurts the Hawks.

This is why I say that the best bet for the Hawks is to sign Stromile Swift to something like a 5 year, $35 million contract. It comes out to a $7 million per year average, and by the time Williams, Smith, and Childress are ready to extend, his $8-9 million salary won't have as big of an effect on their abillity to extend the core.

Now, if the Hornets are willing to trade Jamaal Magloire for Al Harrington, I'm fine with that. Magloire has two more years left on his current deal. He's the best fit for what we want in a center, and he doesn't affect our ability to extend Josh, Josh, and Marvin down the road.

The thing about a player like Magloire also is that if Ben Wallace (dreaming here) actually does want to follow Woodson to ATL, we could offer a sign-and-trade. Where did $16 million come from for Dally? Is that the max for a player coming off his rookie contract? I thought it was like 10-11 million.