33 Josh Powell F 6-9 225 12/05/83 N. Carolina

22 Tre Simmons G 6-5 194 07/24/82 Washington '05 R

15 Donta Smith G 6-7 215 11/27/83 SE Illinois

5 Josh Smith F 6-9 225 12/05/85 Oak Hill

16 Omar Thomas G 6-5 205 02/27/82 UTEP '04 R

20 Salim Stoudamire G 6-1 186 10/11/82 Arizona '05 R

24 Marvin Williams F 6-9 228 06/19/86 North Carolina '05 R

12 Rashad Wright G 6-2 190 03/17/82 Georgia '04 R

Keep an eye on Rashad Wright. He was a player I thought Atlanta would consider last year. Indiana drafted him in the 2nd round. Wright is only 6'2" tall, but his wingspan was 6'10".

Omar Thomas and Tre Simmons are a couple of sleepers as well.

Not bad. I really don't think Chillz and Smoove need to be on this team with all the time they got last year and are gonna log again this season. Maybe Smoove because of the lack of experience but not Chillz. I would have like to have seen Gilchrist on this team though. I still think that guy is gonna be a stud in this league. AND, WHERE THE HECK ARE THE BIGS!

I would not be entirely surprised if we get our PG rotation from this summer league. Why spend big for a star when you can find and develop a gem? I didn't have any issue with Ivey, Diaw can play some point, Salim will do some time and if one or two of these others work out, that's great. Let them work through the season and see how it goes. Worst thing that happens is we're lottery again where-as the best is we DO find a gem and have him at a small price.

because of the following theory:

at 50, you take BPA

at 59, you take an overseas talent that you can stash away to maybe one day develop (he was just named to the all-tourney team in a tourney that had nba players as well)

ESPECIALLY if the player you want at 59 (rmorris) is from your town and played with and against 2 of your young players...so you have the leading track on signing him...

unless u think detroit takes morris at 60, u take a euro

• Premium Member

Guys, I was being sarcastic. That's why I put "/whine" at the end of my post - I was taking a jab at those posters who were shocked and horrified that BK didn't take Morris at #59.

Sorry to confuse you.

Quote:

The summer league team is our NBA team.

Seriously though the only real missing piece is Al. Collier would probably get owned even on the summer team, and Delk is not that important.

That is why we usually do good in the summer leagues. Most other teams have 1 or 2 guys who will make their team, we might have 8 guys who will end up making our team playing.

I thought Diaw's European commitments were going to prevent him from playing? I guess not?

Quote:

The summer league team is our NBA team. Are they going to televise these games?

Oh btw they haven't yet announced that the games will be televised, but I would assume that they will be. They've confirmed that the vegas league is being televised. I believe we were in this same league last year and alot of it was televised

AJ is a player who reminds many of Ben Wallace based on his build and style of play. I was hopeful the Hawks would give him a look in the past. It took Ben Wallace awhile before he stuck in the league and maybe AJ will develop for us. IMO Wright and Johnson could be the sleepers.

I definitely agree. This team looks pretty good in the summer league and looks pretty respectable on the NBA level though they may not win too many.

I say, hey, give'em a shot, but then again that's me dreamin.

Team does look formidable though.