• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

BK shares thoughts:

TnDawg

Here is a article from the AJC. basically Bk is saying how teams,agents, players, reporters will always use teams with cap room to further their own agenda. He stated that he has contacted the guys they are interested in and has left no doubts to the Hawks intentions. What I like most is he stated they are interested in RFAs. Which only follows what has been posted here anyway. Well, here it is for anyone who wants to read the whole story:

Nearly every free agent rumor floated in the past six months has included the Hawks in some form or fashion.

With an estimated $24 million in salary cap space and a plethora of needs up and down the roster, Hawks general manager Billy Knight expected as much.

But even he couldn't have been ready for the deluge of misinformation that has spread like brush fire since the NBA's free agent negotiating period began at midnight on July 1.

No contracts can be signed before July 23, but recruiting pitches and conversations are ongoing. And the rumors — from the feasible to the completely ridiculous — continue to circulate.

"That's the way it goes," Knight said Tuesday. "Every team that has cap space is being mentioned with [free agents], even when they aren't talking to those guys. And guys are being mentioned with those teams, too, when they shouldn't be. It's not just us."

The Hawks have been active since 12:01 on July 1, when Knight says he made initial contact with the players the Hawks are most interested in. Knight declined to name names, choosing instead to pursue his targets without a spotlight, no matter how much agents and others want to press the issue in public.

"You sort of have to do the dance a little bit," Knight said. "So you're using your intuition and feel, trusting your relationships with agents or whoever. You're operating the best way you can.

"We've talked to the people I want to talk to, and we've stated our intentions clearly and communicated our intentions. But I don't like my conversations being made public. My philosophy is you talk to the guy you want to get, come to an agreement or you don't, and then you move on. There is really no gray area.

"We've had some good conversations with people. We won't know until the signing period begins if we'll get them signed or not, and there will still be a waiting period on some guys because they're restricted free agents. But the players we are really interested in, we made it very clear to them. We've stated our intentions very clearly."

With a quality center a top priority, the Hawks have been mentioned as an interested party for Cleveland All-Star center Zydrunas Ilgauskas, whose agent, Herb Rudoy, once represented Knight.

"There's a good number of teams we're talking to about a sign and trade, and there are a couple of teams under the cap that are talking to me," Rudoy told the Cleveland Plain Dealer. "We're also talking to [Cavs GM] Danny [Ferry] about Z returning. Z's thinking about [remaining with the Cavs]. He'd like to stay."

Another intriguing rumor has a trade between the Hawks and Bulls, with Hawks power forward Al Harrington and Bulls center Eddy Curry as the principals. But like most everything else being bandied about, neither Hawks nor Bulls officials have verified such a deal has even been discussed.

Seattle shooting guard Ray Allen can also be crossed off the Hawks' wish list. He agreed terms with the Sonics on Tuesday, according to his agent Lon Babby.

That leaves Suns rising star Joe Johnson, Bucks sharpshooter Michael Redd and versatile Wizards star Larry Hughes as the top free-agent guards available. And since Johnson is a restricted free agent and Redd is rumored to be the top priority for Cleveland as well as the Bucks, who've already offered him a max deal between $80-90 million for six years, the Hawks' attention in Hughes could intensify

this infatuation with Larry Hughes...I just dont get it. Watching him play...I see nothing that screams the hype he's seemed to garner this year. Arenas broke out on his own in GS, then continued that trend in Wash wheras LH has bounced from here to there prior to meeting up with Arenas and Twan showed up...

you DONT want Larry Hughes running your point...especially not if you overpay him. Curry will always have size and command some attention if he doesn't pan out (as trade fodder)...if Hughes' mo returns to previous status...his trade value will bottom out faster than you can say Rashard Lewis is still in the green room.

I don't want hughes either.I do not see why people want to sign the guy.We need a point guard that can run a team and first and foremost is a passer.No way do I sign Hughes instead wait till next year's draft if need be.The biggest problem now is a center then maybe a filler till next year's draft where a few point guards will be coming out.

So basically this article can be summed up as follows:

"don't believe the reports, they just make stuff up because thry don't know the truth. We plan on trying to spend our money"

Fair enough

I don't understand how anyone can be getting mad at BK right now. Free agency is one big negotiation, full of tough talk and bluffs. You don't judge the results til the offseason is over, and definitely not before anyone has signed anyone.