• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Why don't the Hawks.........

emeans

put close to max contracts on Curry and Chandler AT THE SAME TIME and force Chicago to make a choice within a week. Make them sweat a little. They can only sign one of them.

You do this an you won't have to do sign and trade deal with Al for one of these guys. You can use Al in some other deal.

We covered this idea in another thread yesterday. Curry is too big of a risk to offer MAX dollars to because of his questionable work ethic and his heart problems.

If we do that Chicago will match Chandler and let Curry walk to us. I don't want the Hawks to be responsible for paying Curry $75 million over 5 years, he is not worth that kind of money.

Only true superstars should get max type dollars (Redd didn't deserve a max contract either) so if we waste our cap space by severely overpaying for Curry that would be sickening to me.

Better just to keep building through the draft and eventually as our team grows together FA's will be eager to come here.

I scoffed at this thread yesterday in the way many posters did...but then something struck me...why not offer 'sizeable' contracts to both of them at the same time?

something ~50 mil over 5 years (just random number). no, it's not max dollars...and neither of them is worth 'max money'...but you could do a couple of things by this maneuver.

-expedite the FA process. Once July 21st hits and the time starts ticking~ let's know who/what we're aiming at. If we get neither...hopefully there's still time to try and get in on the Dally express.

-makes us a player (the way we 'were' with Kenyon).

-gives possbility of obtaining either of those two guys OR lands Chitown in CAP SWEAT land in the coming years with hinrich deng gordon...

If we get neither, which I doubt, we can then direct our total attention to Dally and then Kwame Brown and keep on going down the line. We are going to have to get something started and resolved so we can move on with the building of this team. Why not start with this move!!

I agree...only so long as you're not talking about offering both the max...

ever consider what would happen if Chicago let both walk and we had both those guys on our team making MAX money...good lord.

make offers to both at approx what they're worth to this team (somewhere in that range I mentioned). go from there.

I remain staunchly against grossly overpaying...