• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Three Way Deal...

djcorley

If Phoenix intended to match a max deal with JJ...I don't think they would be talking trade....I don't think they can match especially with Marion/Nash and Amare has to get a new deal soon......so they know they will lose him and are trying to get something in return.

"Phoenix wouldn't want to match but would if we didn't agree to a SNT"

Or would they bluff...to try and get something in return.

Hey guys, I've a much better idea

Suns trade:

Stoudemire

Nash

JJ

Hawks trade:

"Chillz"

Tony Delk

A bag of basketballs

A NON autographed Atlanta Hawks 8x6 photo from last season

An old Do' Wilkins jockstrap

Wash trades:

K. Brown

Arenas

The Lincoln Memorial

Atl get:

Stoudemire, Nash, JJ, Brown, Arenas and the Lincoln Memorial

Suns get:

"Chillz"

Tony Delk

The old Do' Wilkins jockstrap

Wash get:

Bag of basketballs

The photo

As a suns fan I think we should pull the trigger on that one ASAP, because we'll instantly get a real leader with "chillz" and upgrading the point guard position with the incredible playmaking abilities of Tony Delk.

You read it first : Colangelo Jr will be once again GM of the year.

Honestly guys, put down the Kool Aid, or things you smoke : there's no way in hell that any of your proposed trades will happen. JJ will stay in here, even for the max and he's using your supposed offer as leverage.

Sorry if I've been rude but you need to give way more than just "chillz" to pick up JJ.

• Premium Member

ASFN, I read this post over on your board, and I'm afraid to tell you this, but it's YOUR BOARD'S POSTERS that are misinformed. I know that might be shock to you, but considering that you have no sense of reading comprehension, it wouldn't surprise me.

So go back over to the AZ board and explain to your buddies that us Hawks' fans posted this idea assuming the following:

1. The Hawks reportedly will offer the max to JJ.

2. The Suns may not match. If the Hawks thought there was no chance the Suns wouldn't match, they wouldn't offer the contract to JJ. As I'm sure you know, the Suns financial situation is a little cloudy over the next few years with three/four max players, Kurt Thomas' salary, and Raja Bell's to boot. Plus, add in the Suns' new ownership, and, well, it's worth the gamble for the Hawks.

So, in light of all that, Hawks' fans thought the Suns and Hawks might be in discussions about S&T Johnson to Atlanta.

In a S&T (and here's where you fail to understand the CBA), the Hawks would have the upper hand. They are under NO COMPULSION to give the Suns anything of real value. If the Suns ask for too much in return, the Hawks simply say no thanks and extend the offer to JJ. Unlike the Kenyon Martin S&T, the Hawks are not one player from being a contender. They already have a decent SG in Childress and aren't likely to do any damage in the East this year anyway. If the Suns match the offer, then it's no big deal for the Hawks. They're still on the right path in their rebuilding movement.

We also took into consideration that IF the Suns were willing to do a S&T, they would want someone who could replace some of JJ's production. The closest thing on the Hawks' roster is Josh Childress. While I am not the biggest Childress fan, you are clearly undervaluing him.

The Suns would have no need for Al Harrington IMO, and Josh Smith and Marvin Williams are going nowhere.

So, despite your silly post, I still say that Josh Childress for Joe Johnson is the most likely S&T.

That said, Atlanta should just try to get JJ to sign an offer sheet and call Phoenix's bluff.

Did you realized that the Suns were quite close to win it all last year?

Your post is full of IF's but there's only one thing for sure : JJ will stay here, even if we must give him a huge contract. We're in "win now" mode and he's a very important piece of our core.

He could be traded, yes, but only for a legit Star who can bring us a championship : I'm sorry to enlight you, but Josh Childress is not that guy. Period. And end of the discussion for me, I'm going back to my misinformed board.

Just curious, ASFN, how do you think the Suns will be able to sign Amare next year after they give JJ a max contract this year? Maybe you'll offer him a lifetime's supply of sunshine and sand and make him happy.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Did you realized that the Suns were quite close to win it all last year?

Your post is full of IF's but there's only one thing for sure : JJ will stay here, even if we must give him a huge contract. We're in "win now" mode and he's a very important piece of our core.

He could be traded, yes, but only for a legit Star who can bring us a championship : I'm sorry to enlight you, but Josh Childress is not that guy. Period. And end of the discussion for me, I'm going back to my misinformed board.

Bah.

The Suns weren't beating the Spurs, Pistons, or Heat. Nothing has changed that this offseason.

And don't let the door hit ya'...