• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Future of Josh Smith!!!!?????

LastDon

"Shaq & Duncan Are Arguably The Most Dominant Center and PF respectively to EVER play the game"

Arguable. Shaq MAY better a better player, but I think Kareem and Wilt were more dominant. Their competition was not as good as Shaq plays against.

Duncan, maybe. But Elvin Hayes, Malone, and McHale were pretty close. Maybe too early to tell with Duncan.

On Curry, maybe you are right. I'm just afraid of putting so much money into him and having too long a contract that it causes problems resigning some of our other players in a few years. Just no Hendersons or Koncaks please.

We'll just have to trust in Billy - who has a lot more real info and experience than us.

He did that as a 22 year old. I think it is reasonable to think that he will average 18-20 ppg for us over the next 5 years and maybe more.

Quote:

I'd rather just get somebody there that can grab some rebounds, block shots and play good defense and

spend the money elsewhere.

Who and at what price?

Quote:

He did that as a 22 year old. I think it is reasonable to think that he will average 18-20 ppg for us over the next 5 years and maybe more.

Quote:

I'd rather just get somebody there that can grab some rebounds, block shots and play good defense and

spend the money elsewhere.

Who and at what price?

Even if he does that he still isn't worth the max unless

he gets up around 10RPG. You basically have Reef with a

higher shooting percentage. That is not worth the max.

The Max is simply too much money to spend on a player

that hasn't showed that he is worth it.

I'd rather have Dan/Chandler or even Dalembert... Because

they can do some of the things a good center is supposed

to do... rebound and block shots. I'd rather wait than

give Curry the max since we all know this team isn't

going to be winning for awhile anyway.

That's the point.

No he isn't the second coming but he is a very good center. Better that at least 20 teams will trot out there this year. This is why the center position is at a premium.

Couple that with he is only 22. Yes, 22 the same age that Battier came out of college. He's the equivalent of a college rookie now. If Milwaukee get's 16-20 and 6-8 out of Bogut this year they will be happy, why wouldn't we with a 22-23 year old center.

Heck, if I could get 16-6 out of Collier I'd be happy but I can't.

Secondly, We have to spend about 14 million more than we have spent. We have to. Someone is going to get that money.

If you sign and trade Harrington to Chicago for Curry and Curry is signed for 15 and Harrington is currently signed for 7 million, than the difference is 8 million a season.

If we have 26 million to spend and you sign Curry for 15 million a season via a sign and trade, we still have to find some way to spend 6 million more just to make the league minimum salary and 18 million more to hit the max.

A max for Curry doesn't hurt us at all. It will help us not overpay for another player just to get him/her here.

position versus getting it from the PF position. Ilgauskas has been an All Star the last 2 years and he didn't put up those numbers.

As for Chandler and Dalembert, those guys are likely to cost MORE than Curry and I don't know if they are worth more. Chandler MAY be but I just don't see it with Dalembert.

No he isn't the second coming but he is a very good center. Better that at least 20 teams will trot out there this year. This is why the center position is at a premium."

He is a good scorer but that's it. Good centers rebound

and play defense. That's the problem IMO. His game is

limited to just scoring and little else. That is hardly

worth the max IMO. And to top it off he hasn't proven

to be a GREAT scorer.

Just because the league is weak at center doesn't mean

he is worth the max contract. You can find scoring else

where without paying the max. He is only a center in

terms of his size that he doesn't use to get rebounds or

play good defense. Call me crazy if you like, but the

skills of a center are to rebound IMO and provide a

presence inside and Curry doesn't do it on the side that

titles are won.

Quote:

position versus getting it from the PF position. Ilgauskas has been an All Star the last 2 years and he didn't put up those numbers.

As for Chandler and Dalembert, those guys are likely to cost MORE than Curry and I don't know if they are worth more. Chandler MAY be but I just don't see it with Dalembert.

How far did Big Z's team get in the playoffs?

Chandler is worth more than Curry because he plays

defense, blocks shots and rebounds. That is what

centers are supposed to do. He also only averaged

4PPG less. But I understnad that Dalembert isn't

worth the max either. but I'd rather have him over

Curry.

As far as positions go.... Curry doesn't have the

game of a center... He only plays center because

of his size which is partly useless since he doesn't

use it on the defensive end.

I'm not big fans of big guys that do so little on the

defensive end.

Quote:

Just because the league is weak at center doesn't mean he is worth the max contract. You can find scoring else

play good defense.

So what do you suggest we do? Do we keep what we got in the middle or do we roll the dice and upgrade the position.

BK can't sit pat and do nothing about our lack of talent in the middle. Do I think he is worth the max, NO. We will have to wait and see what happens.

Quote:

Quote:

Just because the league is weak at center doesn't mean he is worth the max contract. You can find scoring else

play good defense.

So what do you suggest we do? Do we keep what we got in the middle or do we roll the dice and upgrade the position.

BK can't sit pat and do nothing about our lack of talent in the middle. Do I think he is worth the max, NO. We will have to wait and see what happens.

I'd rather find away to get Jamal M or Chandler or some

body like that. I'd offer Curry 8-9 million take it or

leave it. If Billy offers and gets Curry the max and

he fails I will have no pity because Billy would be

getting what he deserves.

Quote:

we can't get Magloire or Chandler. It's Curry or scrubs this offseason

Perhaps Jamal can be had in a trade for Al and other

things.... No matter what, Curry shouldn't be offered

the max. Scorers are a dime a dozen. Eddy Curry like

players don't lead to championships. Just so no to

centers with extremely limited games when it comes to

paying the max.

• Premium Member

Always. I can't sit here and say Josh IS going to be a PF...nor can I say that he is clearly better suited to the 3. One rookie season does not define that. Especially with HS players.

Lots of excellent points there, but the best thing you said was this though...

Quote:

I think his final best position will depend upon what part of his game develops the most naturally.

'Nuff said.