• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What are your thoughts on Curry?

AHF

If we don't end up with a decent center out of this years free agency we are screwed..Next Years group isn't nearly as strong and the few that are there are very likely to remain with their own teams, just like we are seeing this year. Curry is a gamble, but I think he is a gamble we have to take..Offer the max if we have to.

draft who? IF you think you are drafting a big with the talent or potential of Curry I think you will end up sorely mistaken. Granted, anything can happen in a year, but the only C's projected for the 1st round for next year are Josh Boone and Shelden Williams. I'll take curry. Again, he is a top 5 offensive center in the league. How much better do we expect to find that will actually come to the hawks?

It's a huge gamble that we have to take

• Admin

He's just got way too many questions around him. sure he has an offensive game. but he's not great defensively, he's been battling fatness his entire life, he doesn't rebound, he has health issues and he has commitment/desire problems. You just can't mortgage your team on something like that. Yah he might go somewhere else and get his [censored] straight. But he might go somewhere, gain 80 more lbs and become a joke.

Quote:

draft who? IF you think you are drafting a big with the talent or potential of Curry I think you will end up sorely mistaken. Granted, anything can happen in a year, but the only C's projected for the 1st round for next year are Josh Boone and Shelden Williams. I'll take curry. Again, he is a top 5 offensive center in the league. How much better do we expect to find that will actually come to the hawks?

It's a huge gamble that we have to take

Don't forget LaMarcus Aldridge, too.

Do you really want to tie so much money in a 5 RPG center, who doesn't block shots and may have a serious heart problem?

I don't think that will be an issue..I think Woody has to get the best out of him..If we didn't learn anything from the past 2 drafts we should understand we can't expect to get exactly who we want or even fill a need if he isn't the best talent available..

I agree he's a gamble we have to take. There is no other position that comes at a premium like center. I would rather sign Curry than Kwame or someone like Foyle.

If Curry can only get 8 boards a game, at least he gives you the threat to go for 35 points in any game. How many centers can do that? He's worth the gamble.

If he turns out to be a poor rebounder, we'll have to get a PF who is one. That's the reality. That's the main gamble with Curry. We may have to trade either Marvin, Smoove, or Childress because we are to soft inside for defense and rebounding.

Quote:

He's just got way too many questions around him. sure he has an offensive game. but he's not great defensively, he's been battling fatness his entire life, he doesn't rebound, he has health issues and he has commitment/desire problems. You just can't mortgage your team on something like that.

He concerns me as well. What is sad though is that we are running out of options at the center spot. Really surprised BK has not lock one up by now. Although I was not big on Kwame, shocked to see him scooped up by the lakers. I believe Phil can get the best of whatever is in him out of him. It's beginning to look like the Hawks are going to be big manless next season. FAcy for us thus far has been a bust.

Dude...We won't win 13 games with just Collier and another 2nd or 3rd rate Center. Collier is flatout garbage!!

We are in the position we have to overpay whoever we get and right now we HAVE to get Curry or Chandler. There is no other recourse. We have to overpay these guys or we are winning 8 games next year.

i didn't want curry before the health issues

he's shown glimpses over the years, yet has no heart or desire or fire, shows up overweight, is lazy, etc...does just enough to keep the label of 'the next shaq' and not be called a bust, but does NOTHING more than the bare minimum to keep that label...then a contract year comes along and, surprise surprise, he loses weight, he tries, and he puts up career numbers...he's a dampier waiting to happen...he wants to get his fat paycheck and then he'll let himself go again and get out of shape and only half-heartedly try...he doesn't have the desire to be the next shaq, even if he has the potential...

and even when he's trying to earn this paycheck, he STILL can't get more than 5.4 rebounds...so i doubt he'll ever be able to average 9-10+ rpg

if we have chill/smoove/marvin/salim and possibly jj or al, we don't need an offensive center so much as we need to play to our team's strength, rebounds, and get a defensive presence in the middle to shore up our defense

if we can defend and control the glass, we'll win games, period

Quote:

does NOTHING more than the bare minimum to keep that label...then a contract year comes along and, surprise surprise, he loses weight, he tries, and he puts up career numbers...

that's nice and all, and alot of people say that, but it just doesn't match what has happenned in his career.

01-02 6.7ppg 3.8rpg .74spg .656 FT%

02-03 10.5ppg 4.4rpg .77spg .624 FT%

03-04 14.7ppg 6.4rpg 1.14spg .671 FT%

04-05 16.1ppg 5.4rpg .92spg .720 FT%

He has shown continued improvement in most areas. He still isn't quite there, and is at 16 and 5 at age 22.

The laziness tag showed up his rookie year and has stuck around even though it's unwarranted