• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Travis Hansen

emeans

Travis Hansen, SG/SF, TAU Vitoria

Hansen spent one lackluster year on the Hawks before heading overseas last year. After a rocky start at TAU, Hansen turned it on in the last two months of the season and was great. He helped his team get all the way to the Euroleague Finals and did it in front of a host of NBA GMs and scouts.

Hansen is a great athlete, plays tenacious defense, can play multiple positions and has turned himself into a very good 3-point shooter. The Nuggets and Rockets have shown the most interest, but you have to wonder why teams such as the Cavs (assistant GM Chris Grant drafted him in 2003), Heat, Bobcats, Magic and Jazz aren't in the mix.

LOL...A shooter that got away, now other teams are wanting this kid. I loved his game as a rookie.

Quote:

If my mind is right, he's much older than most rookies...

I do not remember that much about him either. I think we released him and he was very appreciative, since he wanted to play elsewere. If I remember correctly, either Denver or Utah? and also the euroleague which is where he ended up.

Maybe I have him confused with someone else, but that is what I remember. I also remember a lot of talk about him being a great shooter in college and he just needed to work on his handles and also creating space to get his shot off.

I may be off by a year give or take, but here's the scoop on that~

he's 26 ( I believe) now. perhaps 27. he was 24 when he graduated due to the fact that he did his mormon trip (I forget the actual name of it) for the requisite two years (while in college).