• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Suns to let JJ go...

Diesel

• Premium Member

I think it's very plausible that with:

Dijon Thompson, Raja Bell, and Mike Finley (possibly) I look for the Suns to give up JJ! He would cost too much and might cause them to lose one of their other allstars.

So we need to contemplate Life with JJ... and JJ will be our SG Not PG...

I think all signs point to JJ being our PG....the fact that BK loves length combined with Woodson's Boris Diaw experiment...add the lets not get caught up in defining positions philosophy of BK...u get JJ and Chillz starting..or maybe...coach seems to love Salim....a JJ/Salim backcourt.

I think this JJ thing is far from a done deal.

There is no way in hell JJ would come to our team and play full time PG. He is a SG and that's what we are trying to get him for. He's talent that we need. I don't know who will play full time PG, but the only time JJ would see there would be in some spot backup mintues (like with Nash). He is NOT a point guard.

he may play some this year since we have nobody else, but long-term he's not more than 10mpg at pg, like on the suns

jj/chill/smoove/marvin/al can ALL be here at 2/3/4 with 30mpg if jj plays 10mpg at pg...

as long as 2 are willing to not start, we have plenty of minutes for all of them

the two non-starters can fight for the nba 6th man of the year award each year

i think Michael Finley is an awesome option for the Suns.

the suns are in a "win now" situation, and they might be able to sign finley with the midlevel exception (ala ShareefAbdur-Rahim).

hed fit in well. he can hit the outside shots and the Suns should be ok.

• Admin

they are the ones that saw that JT wasn't a PG. JJ is no different, he's just taller and plays better D.

We're the ones that are speculating that he's coming here to be a PG. I don't recall ever reading anything from BK saying anything specific either.

I think the specualation comes from BKs obsession with length and versatile players....the difference between JT and JJ is JJ is long....how could you not think that it is possible JJ with play point....

We don't have a PG

BK loves versatile big guards

Bo Diaw experiment

BK's "let's not get caught up in positions" talk

JJ's talk about loving to play PG

I don't think it is crazy to think he will play point...

Hey....I am just saying it is possible...based on what I have seen...not saying I am for it or against it...but it may happen.

• Premium Member

Woody's Diaw experiment is simply this.. Diaw is not aggressive enough to be a scorer.. So with Chilz, Smoove, Al, Delk, and Marvin on the team, what position best suits Diaw??

If he could play C, we'd put him there, but he's not aggressive enough to occupy a SG or SF spot with all the potential scorers we have... So his best option is to become a force at PG...

As far as length goes... BK must not be too obssessed with it... He picked up Lue last yr. Big 6'4 Joseph Forte was available. BK said that he tried to trade for the 3rd pick in the draft so that he could get one of the PGs.

I think BK would take a good PG over a tall PG anyday. Otherwise, we would have continued the Ivey project last season...

That said, I think he realizes that JJ is not a PG. He's a ball handling 2 guard which is the same thing that JT was. I also think that Woody would probably roll Chillz to the 3 position with JJ playing the 2.

Who is playing the 1.

I would love Jaric.

I would like Knight, Stoudamire, or Watson.

Quote:

I would love Jaric.

I would like Knight, Stoudamire, or Watson.

I would love to see a true point guard myself. I think will probably wait and see who is left over and sign them. Hopefully this is not the case but I just feel that he will go that route.

I like JJ but we need a true point guard with experience as well. I like Royal but I am ready to move on. I don't think he will cut it. I'd rather fill his roster spot with a veteran point and sign Lue and draft a first round point next year.

and not the 2 guard. Think about it. Since JChill was drafted BK has publicily talked about him as the 2 guard. I have heard nothing to change this. I simply do not believe the Hawks intend to but JChill on the pine to start JJ at the 2. I can envision JChill being just as effective of a player as JJ in the very near future. If the Hawks are experimenting with Diaw at the point then clearly they believe JJ (a college point guard) can man the position. While I personally would prefer a pure point I believe BK will attempt to sign JJ to play the point.

Quote:

If the Hawks are experimenting with Diaw at the point then clearly they believe JJ (a college point guard) can man the position. While I personally would prefer a pure point I believe BK will attempt to sign JJ to play the point.

I agree, I don't see Chill riding the pine.