• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Cavs sign another in a monster offseason

Bulldog

CLEVELAND (AP) - Free agent forward Donyell Marshall agreed to terms Tuesday on a four-year contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers, giving the rebuilt club another player to complement LeBron James.

Marshall is the third significant player signed by the Cavs this summer after re-signing Zydrunas Ilgauskas and signing guard Larry Hughes.

The Cavs are also looking for a point guard and have reportedly talked with the agents for Marko Jaric and Damon Stoudamire.

If the Cavs end up with Z, Marshall, Hughes and Jaric/Mighty Mouse from the offseason you have to say that is amazing work from them and they must be ready for a big step forward next year.

They lead the team report cards so far...

It's amazing what a good GM and a superstar can do for a team. In 3 years would Billy and Marvin be able to do what the Cavs GM and Lebron are doing. I hope so. Without a obvious superstar to attract top players we should count overselves lucky if we get any top FA.

What does that mean for Drew Gooden?

Makes me wonder what it truly takes to grab top FA. With all the players available in FA this year if we don't grab a single one than I think it will prove it takes more than just money. Maybe a combo of:

4. Money/Chance to be man on team.(Only things hawks can offer)

1. Play with superstar/Shot at championship.

3. Shot a championship/Money

2. Stay with team loyal to player/Money

5. Play with superstar/No shot at championship.(Only things Lakers have to offer.) grin.gif

"I still don't put them ahead of the Heat, Pistons, but would you put them ahead of the Pacers?"

No to the Pacers, but I would put them front and center next to the Pistons. You don't lose the best coach in the game and not see a slide. Notice what eric snow and aaron mckie did about 15 mins after Brown was out of Philly? Look for Chauncey Billups to do the same.

I actually think that the Pacers will finish first if Artest gets his shite together (big if I know).

• Admin

I suggest you look at the 27 times in the finals that he played for a switch, got it (rasheed on a tony parker) and proceeded to try to go 1-on-1 with Duncan instead of exploiting the switch the way it's supposed to be played. Or those final minute 3's he chucked up with 19 seconds left on the clock in two of their losses. Horrible decision making on any level.

He's a very good player, a good scorer and a big time player. But he's an average PG. He just fits their personel well.

HOrrible was probably a harsh way to describe him overall. But as far as the finals go, he was horrible.

• Admin

and I would go as far to say he'd only make the top 10 because of the system he plays in. But that's one of those things we can't really know right now.

He was finals MVP because he hit big shots. That has not a thing to do with his PG abilities. He might have been 2-time MVP had they won. But he was too busy trying to go 1-on-1 against Duncan, after getting a switch for his big man and getting his lunch packed.

Billups excelled in Rick Carlisle's system, then he excelled in Brown's system. He's also going to excel in Saunders' system, which is the very same one that he used to earn his FA deal with Detroit. So prepare another rationalization.

Overrated. That's good. There are maybe a half-dozen points out there worthy of running a championship club, and the one who makes the least money without a single All-Star appearance is overrated. Right.

• Admin

maybe not 10. But I can think of 6-7 that I would easily take before him. He simply IS NOT a great PG. He's more of a scorer than he is a PG. That's why he has the nick name of Mr. Big Shot. It's not Mr. Big Pass. He's a scorer who handles the ball well and distributes it well IN THEIR SYSTEM. But that doesn't make him a great PG.

name the 6 or 7 that you would take over him. AI, Kidd, Nash, Steph are the only ones that I would take over him. and marbury, i dont know. he may be better but id take chauncey. Let me see your list.

i dont buy all the traditional pass first stuff. he gets the job done. like i said before finals mvp, almost got a 2nd one, and he hasnt been an all-star yet. overrated, i think not.

What about Davis? Surely in a list of NBA point guards you have to take him over Marbury and Francis.

I wouldnt take Marbury over Billups because Marbury didnt win a thing yet. Neither did Francis. Billups is one of the best clutch guards going around. Kidd last season I would not have taken over Billups, probably only Nash.