• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Stoudamire mouthing off... or not.

Lascar78

Looks like Salim Stoudamire really didn't want to give this interview. It's from Hoopshype. He might as well have said "both teams played hard"

Salim Stoudamire: "I don't care what people think"

by Gerald Narciso / July 20, 2005

What do you think of your play so far in the Rocky Mountain Revue?

Salim Stoudamire: I don’t think it was that good. But you know, I’m adjusting. It’s different, but you know, I got time.

Some experts predicted that you might slip to the second round. Was it still a shock when it happened?

SS: I really didn’t care where I went. And I didn’t listen to anybody really, to tell you the truth.

Do you think it’s a blessing in disguise that you are in a situation where you will have the chance to contribute right away?

SS: I think it’s a perfect situation for me. I’ll be able to get playing time right away.

A lot of people have questioned your attitude. Does that bother you?

SS: I don’t care what people think. I’m a grown man. Opinions are like assholes, everybody’s got one.

Who is Salim Stoudamire the person?

SS: Who am I the person?

Yeah.

SS: I mean, that would take more than a couple minutes to tell you that. (Stoudamire said he only would give a few minutes for the interview).

When you are not on the court, where can people find you?

SS: Uh... Somewhere laying low with a couple of my friends.

I read somewhere that you like to write poetry and rap lyrics. How often do you write, and what do you write about?

SS: Whatever’s on my mind. And whatever I feel the urge to write. It’s never forced.

How do you think the Hawks will do this season?

SS: I think we’ll do better than last year.

Do you think it will be a tough transition going from a shooting guard at Arizona to point guard here with the Hawks?

SS: Nope, because I’ve been playing point all my life.

What do you think about playing with Marvin Williams?

SS: He’s a great player, and I look forward to the future.

Are there any teams you will be excited to play this season?

SS: Every team that didn’t pick me.